Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much appreciated, Adam. A 9 from me for this fine dusty jewel!

What's the easiest way to search the polls for a particular title?

I just search for the album and artist in the general “search” tab and make sure to select “thread titles only”. It usually comes up in the first few choices.

One of my favorite guitar solos!
Capture.JPG

Much appreciated, Adam. A 9 from me for this fine dusty jewel!

What's the easiest way to search the polls for a particular title?

oh i don't know, i'm so used to googling for stuff, it was the most reliable way for years and i get set in my ways, you know!
if you just google what you're searching for and include the word quadraphonicquad in your search and you should find it!

Birdsong at Morning - A Slight Departure
BD-A LPCM 5.1

Mike, maybe you could devote an edition of LIFE IN SURROUND to all these esoteric albums released independently by artists in 5.1 Surround. Increasingly, there's quite a few noteworthy Bandcamp, et alia, releases that get NO exposure otherwise.

Something to consider?

Mike, maybe you could devote an edition of LIFE IN SURROUND to all these esoteric albums released independently by artists in 5.1 Surround. Increasingly, there's quite a few noteworthy Bandcamp, et alia, releases that get NO exposure otherwise.

Something to consider?
I'd be happy to, at some point!

Billy Cobham and Rick Marotta on drums? Stanley Clarke and Ron Carter on bass? The way-under appreciated John Tropea on guitar? Airto and Ray Barretto playing percussion?

Eumir Deodato on electric piano? All spinning around me in glorious quad?

Rudy van Gelder’s masterful mixes?

Michael Dutton’s sweet mastering?

Damn. I better have given this disc a “10”! I better check!

1DAF6E01-58B8-4D26-8505-C375FCDBB99D.jpeg

Last edited:
Perry Como - In Person at The International Hotel (D-V Quad SACD) - Killer discrete surround mix and excellent fidelity... I'm not a huge fan of live albums, but this sounds fantastic. This is great rainy morning music :)

You know, I havn't purchased any music since Christmas... I think it's time to purchase some obscure surround titles from Dutton Vocalion...

Back