Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dream.jpg

Donald Fagen - Morph The Cat

Admittedly I don't play this all that much, but I'm seriously blown away by the surround mix on "Brite Nitegown". The ending section with all the different guitars and brass jumping around the room is mind-meltingly cool.

Though the music may not be as strong as the classic stuff, the later Donald Fagen/Steely Dan titles (Two Against Nature, Everything Must Go, and Morph) were actually recorded from the ground up with the surround mix in mind and it shows.

Last edited:
doof doof doof, another one bites the dust (and another one hits the list!)

wrapped round me lugholes now; amazingly, a Linn MultiCh SACD that's actually doing super surroundy stuff!

Poulenc : Concerto For Organ

the orchestra's got it all going on upfront and her organs firmly in the Rear! track 4 ('Modéré', from Pierre Petit's "Concertino for Organ, Strings and Percussion") had me grinning from ear to ear! if there were more Classical surround mixed like this i'd get it sooner than you could say Shutthefrontdoor... Shushthehellup.. iShotthesherriff.. oh.. Shostakovich!! :51QQ

I just picked this up. Very enjoyable!

Beck - Sea Change; DVD-A 5.1
Hadn't played this one in a while and sorta forgot Elliot's beyond amazing, organic, and immersive mix. Dayum!

The circulating synths on Golden Age alone are worth the price of admission and that's track#1. No wonder Mr. Scheiner is as revered as he is!
Oh yeah........the synths as you say are just killer....just walk up and slap you in the face. Love it....

David Sanborn - timeagain; DVD-A, 5.1
Another dusty jewel. Good discrete use of the surrounds by Al Schmitt. Christo Redentor is simply a gorgeous listening experience!

Interestingly, my original Circuit City receipt is folded up in the booklet for posterity's sake. Purchased 7/28/2004. Not a single component in my current sound system was in my possession at that time!

David Sanborn - timeagain; DVD-A, 5.1
Another dusty jewel. Good discrete use of the surrounds by Al Schmitt. Christo Redentor is simply a gorgeous listening experience!

Interestingly, my original Circuit City receipt is folded up in the booklet for posterity's sake. Purchased 7/28/2004. Not a single component in my current sound system was in my possession at that time!

The appropriate QQ Poll is here :hi :ROFLMAO:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/sanborn-david-time-again-sacd-dvd-a.4473/

Back