Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Last edited:
Ooh I am being spoilt today..

This just arrived today..
From the good old US of A

Gerald Veasley
VELVET

This is another great heads up from Ralphie

A poll listing is required here folks.

So much out there, that doesn't get enough of a shout.

Hello this sacd not listed on Discogs
Better sort that then

Its done

Discogs info:
https://www.discogs.com/Gerald-Veasley-Velvet/release/13011473

Last edited:
Lipservice : Gotthard

(48k DTS 5.1 DualDisc for the technobods and the curious)

wooooooh-yeaaaahhh!! wanna rock this feelin' off the ground!!

right from the outset you've got crunching guitars and huge organ swells wooshing up in the Rears! ooh YES MISSUS YESSSS!!!! ..cor lummee, check out those duelling guitars flicking back and forth in each Rear channel at the end of the opener, its Quad-like! nifty little vocal bits pop up all over the place.. the mix fits the bill to a tee, its tasteful and restrained when it needs to be and balls to the wall kitchen sink the rest of the time!

in short, Ronald Prent does it again. for me he's right up there with the Wilson's, the Scheiner's, the Clearmountain's.. the man "gets" surround for music.

LET'S RAWWWWWWWWK....!!!!! :rocks

Lipservice : Gotthard

(48k DTS 5.1 DualDisc for the technobods and the curious)

wooooooh-yeaaaahhh!! wanna rock this feelin' off the ground!!

right from the outset you've got crunching guitars and huge organ swells wooshing up in the Rears! ooh YES MISSUS YESSSS!!!! ..cor lummee, check out those duelling guitars flicking back and forth in each Rear channel at the end of the opener, its Quad-like! nifty little vocal bits pop up all over the place.. the mix fits the bill to a tee, its tasteful and restrained when it needs to be and balls to the wall kitchen sink the rest of the time!

in short, Ronald Prent does it again. for me he's right up there with the Wilson's, the Scheiner's, the Clearmountain's.. the man "gets" surround for music.

LET'S RAWWWWWWWWK....!!!!!:rocks

And another one hits my wish list!!

Last edited:
And another one hits my wish list!!

doof doof doof, another one bites the dust (and another one hits the list!)

wrapped round me lugholes now; amazingly, a Linn MultiCh SACD that's actually doing super surroundy stuff!

Poulenc : Concerto For Organ

the orchestra's got it all going on upfront and her organs firmly in the Rear! track 4 ('Modéré', from Pierre Petit's "Concertino for Organ, Strings and Percussion") had me grinning from ear to ear! if there were more Classical surround mixed like this i'd get it sooner than you could say Shutthefrontdoor... Shushthehellup.. iShotthesherriff.. oh.. Shostakovich!! :51QQ

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rock That Flute

Or eagle recorder!!

Amazon UK link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flute-Laur...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1546448737&sr=8-1

Not a massive amount going on in surround but if you like the sound of an Eagle Recorder and orchestra (well strings mainly)
Then this is not bad.

Course I got it when Amazon had it for no money.

so that's what Julian Clary's been upto! Rockin' the flute! :smokin

glistening to now in shiny sacd surroundovision;

Chase; Pure Music.

the titles says it all.. surround music don't get much purer than this! :love:

so that's what Julian Clary's been upto! Rockin' the flute! :smokin

glistening to now in shiny sacd surroundovision;

Chase; Pure Music.

the titles says it all.. surround music don't get much purer than this! :love:

Julian Clary...one of the funniest, filthiest comedians out there....seen his live show many times..has me in stiches. Even though me and the wife might be slightly out of place!!

Last edited:
Unreal mix. Love the incredible delineation between Bolin’s guitar and Hammer’s keys. Much less Sklar’s beautiful bass wonderfully reproduced. I haven’t even mentioned Cobham! Only other jazz fusion quad SACD I’ve heard that equally excited me is Beck’s Blow by Blow from CdJapan.

I've got the DVD-A of this but unfortunately let the SACD slip by me:eek:, now it's mucho $$$$$; just goes to show that quality still matters in this age of "Digital Gold":SB

Last edited:
Allison Moorer: Show (SACD 5.1)

R-6530287-1421346317-3705.jpeg.jpg

Back