Tangerine Dream - In Search Of Hades pre-order live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This box set really is a thing of beauty, probably one of the nicest and most comprehensive box sets that has been assembled in recent memory by one of the major labels.
I don't know when I'll have time to do a really good and thorough listen to these surround mixes (especially since I don't consider this kind of music to be good driving music) but I'm already very impressed with this set, and I would hope that more people will consider getting this set to support quality music releases like these.

:)
Not included in the set, but I love listening to this track while driving with the top down on a warm summer night!

I called and they said arrival is projected to be 6/26. Boooooo. I would love to see a little chart of who got theirs when and from what vendor. Might help my vendor selection in the future.

Neither Deep Discount nor Import CDs is they way to go if you want to things to arrive close to release date (unless you're willing to pay for the expedited shipping.) In this case, it seems like all the American retailers have the release date listed for tomorrow or next week. I'm pretty sure (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that those of us who have already received ours got their copies from Europe where the release date was last week.

BTW, assuming that you paid Deep Discount's current price of $161..... Import CDs currently has it listed for $143 and they are having a 10% off sale which would bring this approximately $129. You could save about $30 if you cancelled your Deep Discount order and went with Import CDs.

I received mine on Monday (6/17), from Burning Shed
I thought it might take a while longer to get mine being that I'm in the States but mine arrived Monday from Burning Shed, as well. Im biased, though, as I'll almost always buy from them even if the price is a bit higher because they've been very good to me over the years.

Last edited:
This box set really is a thing of beauty, probably one of the nicest and most comprehensive box sets that has been assembled in recent memory by one of the major labels.
I don't know when I'll have time to do a really good and thorough listen to these surround mixes (especially since I don't consider this kind of music to be good driving music) but I'm already very impressed with this set, and I would hope that more people will consider getting this set to support quality music releases like these.

:)
Its great when stuck in a traffic jam - TD calms me down! :)

Neither Deep Discount nor Import CDs is they way to go if you want to things to arrive close to release date (unless you're willing to pay for the expedited shipping.) In this case, it seems like all the American retailers have the release date listed for tomorrow or next week. I'm pretty sure (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that those of us who have already received ours got their copies from Europe where the release date was last week.

BTW, assuming that you paid Deep Discount's current price of $161..... Import CDs currently has it listed for $143 and they are having a 10% off sale which would bring this approximately $129. You could save about $30 if you cancelled your Deep Discount order and went with Import CDs.

Very informative, thanks! I paid $147.46 and the item is said to have shipped. At this point I will just let it ride.

I would love to see a little chart of who got theirs when and from what vendor. Might help my vendor selection in the future.

So far:

(perzon57) - Arrived Norway 6/13
Amazon UK - Arrived UK 6/14
Amazon UK - Arrived USA 6/18 (see below)
Burning Shed - Arrived USA & Center of Sound Field 6/17 (3)
Arrived Tennessee 6/19 (?)
Deep Discount - Scheduled 6/26

Last edited:
So far:

Mine arrived in Connecticut from Amazon UK on Tuesday June 18. :LB

This was definitely a faster delivery than last week's King Crimson box though. They didn't even ship the Crimson box to me until two days after release date and then it took another week to make it to Connecticut. Similarly, a Kate Bush box set that I ordered a few weeks back took approximately eight days to make it across the pond.

So far:

I bought mine from an Norwegian seller,Platekompaniet.They always ship early,but at a cost,$220.- :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I called and they said arrival is projected to be 6/26. Boooooo. I would love to see a little chart of who got theirs when and from what vendor. Might help my vendor selection in the future.

I don't think this "method" reflects very much on the vendor...it's influenced heavily by geographic location...and I'm not talking about inside the US vs outside the US(like in the UK)...if you use the Postal Service or Amazon(US) it just depends if you live close to one of the transportation hubs used by both USPS and amazon....here is an example from my own experience...I send things to a town in Texas that is 1519 miles from me...I also send things to Miami which is 286 miles from me....it reaches the Texas town quicker every time...sometimes by 2 days....if you just look at the distance...it doesn't seem possible....but the Texas connection is quicker due to the tranportation hub in place....

Same principle on amazonUS...if I purchase something that is available at one their Florida warehouses...I can get it quicker than prime shipping...at no cost...because of the proximity...

IMO you aren't really judging the vendor using this method...a more useful metric would be to judge the vendor on price and package quality...those are more important to me than how quickly I get it..

So far:

Could they also be on some sort of cue for shipment depending on order date?

Listened to Phaedra in 5.1 today. Takes me back to March 1974 when I was 16 and I got back from the Record Shop and first put the LP on, had the same goose-bumps as then! its a great :51QQ mix,
I heard things that had been buried in the '74 stereo mix, just love it :QQlove

Geeeezzz, looks like a huge Lorry rolled over mine; luckily it looks OK. Just one end of the larger outside box that got crushed!
I'm going to take a different approach on this TOMBS, I'm gonna listen to all the CDs on headphones first (many I've never heard before) and then pop the Surround titles in and wallow in the SW ambient brilliance.
Think I'm Crazy? - Well duh🤗

Last edited:
Back