Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New 5.1 and Dolby Atmos Mixes!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered as soon as available on Amazon Italy... Until last night it was meant to be delivered today. Today I receive an email saying that now the expected date is between July and November... anybody with a similar experience? I'm puzzled honestly
So in other countries is this release easily available? On Amazon Germany I read available from 7th June

Spanish Amazon shows 7th of June as well.
On all other main Italian retailers it's sold out...I don't understand if the demand is already bigger then availability...I didn't expect this situation especially preordering months ahead

The reviews here on the Atmos mix is all over the place, so I decided to cancel my preorder. Pity it's not up on AM so I could check the mix. This forum has many definitions on what's a good Atmos mix, so I'll save the $ 80. ;)

The reviews here on the Atmos mix is all over the place, so I decided to cancel my preorder. Pity it's not up on AM so I could check the mix. This forum has many definitions on what's a good Atmos mix, so I'll save the $ 80. ;)
Each to his own of course, but the package has a lot more to offer than just an Atmos mix. The stereo mix is also brandnew, with extended versions of some of the songs. And then there is a CD with live footage as well. $80 sounds like a lot, by the way: I am in the Netherlands and ordered it for 41 euros. It looks like this has been released in the whole of Europe in retail so there might not be a need to import it from the USA?
See, for example, https://imusic.no/music/0840401700884/robin-trower-2024-bridge-of-sighs-cd

Each to his own of course, but the package has a lot more to offer than just an Atmos mix. The stereo mix is also brandnew, with extended versions of some of the songs. And then there is a CD with live footage as well. $80 sounds like a lot, by the way: I am in the Netherlands and ordered it for 41 euros. It looks like this has been released in the whole of Europe in retail so there might not be a need to import it from the USA?
See, for example, https://imusic.no/music/0840401700884/robin-trower-2024-bridge-of-sighs-cd
I only buy these releases for the Atmos mix, don't listen to stereo or CD's, so if the Atmos mix is no good it's a waste of money for me. Preordered locally here in Norway, but the Norwegian krone ain't worth shit these days. :rolleyes:

Yeah, disappointed myself. It was a good review, only he mentioned the surround mixes almost as an afterthought right at the end. :censored: :hi
He goes into no real details on the contents, just praising Trower and the album, and rattles off some of the songs. He does not even show us what it looks like inside. But he seems like a nice bloke anyway.

I only buy these releases for the Atmos mix, don't listen to stereo or CD's, so if the Atmos mix is no good it's a waste of money for me. Preordered locally here in Norway, but the Norwegian krone ain't worth shit these days. :rolleyes:
Well do you do 5.1 or 4.0? Of course you do!

He goes into no real details on the contents, just praising Trower and the album, and rattles off some of the songs. He does not even show us what it looks like inside. But he seems like a nice bloke anyway.
The only thing that disappointed me with the packaging was the disc storage. I've put all the discs into their own individual sleeves to minimise damage and created a poly sleeve for the media book and individual discs.

I first listened to the DTS 5.1 mix on my smaller ststem upstairs and was not impressed. So last night I played it on the downstairs system and it was even less impressive. Title song is the only one that is active surround. The rest of the songs are all front loaded. I turned up the rears. No help there. I had ordered another BOS from Amazon but cancelled that one. Don’t feel bad if you can’t get one.

I first listened to the DTS 5.1 mix on my smaller ststem upstairs and was not impressed. So last night I played it on the downstairs system and it was even less impressive. Title song is the only one that is active surround. The rest of the songs are all front loaded. I turned up the rears. No help there. I had ordered another BOS from Amazon but cancelled that one. Don’t feel bad if you can’t get one.
Good to know. I'd still like to hear it of course but I will keep expectations in check.

Back