What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do . I carefully chosed, according to the information on HRaudio.net. But I did not get sent what what I had ordered according to the media description.(last one, on Amazon specifically stated SACD, multichannel, and I got a CD). People mostly (that was a subject I opened a while back) don't care if their object matches the description. Not on Rakuten, not on Amazon, not on Ebay, not on other platforms I tried. They just put their media to sell on a page that "ressembles'. Discogs is certainly the very exception (and of course the vocalion/dutton site, directly).

Last edited:
Random find for a dollar at a local thrift shop. Track list: Various - Total Music Immersion - Super Audio CD SamplerView attachment 90314
Went to the same thrift store yesterday and found this, again for a dollar. It's not even particularly good for finds otherwise.
PXL_20230524_015241749.jpg

My recent surround acquisitions are: TFF The Hurting, Riverside-ID.entity, Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation, Concert for George, APP - Turn of a Friendly Card, Mary Fahl, Kansas - Prescense, and Pineapple Thief - Gavin Harrison remixes. Easily the best of the bunch in sound quality is the Porcupine Tree, obviously Steven Wilson did the ATMOS mix and its sensational. The weakest one in sound quality is the Concert for George, the ATMOS mix is weak. If you like Prog Rock I highly recommend the Riverside ATMOS disc; very good mix and excellent musicianship.

My recent surround acquisitions are: TFF The Hurting, Riverside-ID.entity, Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation, Concert for George, APP - Turn of a Friendly Card, Mary Fahl, Kansas - Prescense, and Pineapple Thief - Gavin Harrison remixes. Easily the best of the bunch in sound quality is the Porcupine Tree, obviously Steven Wilson did the ATMOS mix and its sensational. The weakest one in sound quality is the Concert for George, the ATMOS mix is weak. If you like Prog Rock I highly recommend the Riverside ATMOS disc; very good mix and excellent musicianship.
Yes, Concert for George was a disappointment!

Most of the Quadio releases that from Chicago to Doobies are great along with Santana 1, Abraxas & 3 with a 5.1 of Billy Joel's 52nd Street. All are a can't miss. I am also so glad to have the initial releases of Yes Album, Fragile, Close to the Edge and Relayer. I have found so much more but two rare jewels are The Carpenters Singles and The Nat King Cole Story which are pristine. I will have to give you a full list one day. BTW: Steve Miller's Fly Like an Eagle is so much more since it has an anniversary concert too.

Yes! I've been tracking down it for years and finally able to grab an almost impossible to find rare japanese edition! I'm a sucker for these OBI strips. :love:
Just be sure to keep the hydroponic filled properly and don’t get any steam fluid seeping in; that’s bad Trans-Island Skyway mojo right there!

OBI Mutt One- Out!

Dunno I have the Nightfly on sacd and Kamakiriad on dvd audio.
Very interesting Jan, I may need to get the SACD for comparison reasons (but mainly for format mastering differences to itself.)

I’ve always felt that the DVD-A of The Nightfly was mastered slightly softer than my CD. The reason I noticed was because I used to learn some of those songs on guitar and was always bummed out about the lack of presence of a particular high Fmaj7 chord on I.G.Y on the DVD-A. It has a quick arpeggiated sound to it and is an important element to the song that corresponds with the lyrics. Sometimes even slight differences in mix/mastering can have huge consequences. It would be a good subject for an entire thread IMO.

Back