Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2776.jpeg

1000009394.jpg

A few years ago, I was perusing the racks at Waterloo Records in Austin. One thing I like about that store is that they don't often know what the have in the way of pressings. So, artists like Zeppelin, Bowie and Rush will he ridiculously priced. But they will list every pressing of titles like the one above at the same price. So, an original pressing will be listed at the same price as an original pink and tan Atco pressing.

I was adding this to my Discogs inventory and it was listed as being a mispress. It seems as though the first pressing included the wrong mix, so the title track is missing the second organ. I can confirm that this is the case. Atlantic supposedly trashed these mispressed versions. Obviously some snuck out.

Larry Lujack!?! Whoa! Taking me back to those WLS radio daze!!

Larry was an old neighbor of mine until he moved out of state. I ran into him early afternoon near the Palatine train station when he was working PM drive. He looked a bit worse for the wear. "Uncle Lar have too much medicine last night?" "Yeah," he replied.

My Husband has a picture of Lar and him when Joe was 10.

A great guy. RIP

You never know what you may learn on QQ.
I have an old likely original pressing of Inna gadda da vida. Got to look for it and check out what @SyrinxTemple said above
Used to have that Ian Hunter schizophrenic record above. If I still have it its been buried in the stacks for years.... Isn't Ships on that record? Its either a cover of a song by Barry Manilow or Barry covered Ian...

I have an old likely original pressing of Inna gadda da vida. Got to look for it and check out what @SyrinxTemple said above
Used to have that Ian Hunter schizophrenic record above. If I still have it its been buried in the stacks for years.... Isn't Ships on that record? Its either a cover of a song by Barry Manilow or Barry covered Ian...
"Ships" is on the album, and it's a Hunter original! Barry's version is the cover.
https://www.allmusic.com/album/youre-never-alone-with-a-schizophrenic-mw0000100190

I would be interested if you have the same pressing. Please post here whenever you check out yours. Here's the discogs link: https://www.discogs.com/release/10589220-Iron-Butterfly-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

It appears this pressing actually getting out into the hands of collectors was not confirmed until me and another gentleman posted on this link. Quite interesting.

Back