Quadio bundle #4. Let the speculation begin!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were quite a few 5.1's announced for the DVD-A format. Kronos Quartet; Madonna; Tracy Chapman; Alanis Morissette; Motley Crewe; Funkadelic; The Cars; plus others; and for other labels. ( I used to note these for future reference.....)
The Cars in Surround would be totally rad...does anybody know why it never got released? Was it just done nearing the death of the DVD-A?

Rather than make it sound so dire, Q~Eight, for those who missed it, here's a list of ALL the QUADs from the WEA/ASSOCIATED LABELS:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/WB.htm
IMO, there are still a LOT of quality recordings in their vaults worth releasing.

NOTE: Those recordings designated CNX were never released [like James Taylor's SWEET BABY JAMES]!
Aretha at Fillmore West...would that be the full four-disc version with the King Curtis set? Fingers crossed.

Aretha at Fillmore West...would that be the full four-disc version with the King Curtis set? Fingers crossed.
Unless RHINO can find the complete QUAD masters looks like it will be only a single disc

Live at the Fillmore West. Atlantic QD-7205 (CD4), QT-7205
[previously TP-7205Q] (Q8)

A two disc set on a single BD~A of the complete concert would be AWESOME!

Unless RHINO can find the complete QUAD masters looks like it will be only a single disc

Live at the Fillmore West. Atlantic QD-7205 (CD4), QT-7205
[previously TP-7205Q] (Q8)

A two disc set on a single BD~A of the complete concert would be AWESOME!
And IF the multitracks do exist for a Disc 2, perhaps RHINO can remix them for QUAD thus releasing the complete concert in 4.0.

I've never heard the CD~4 disc ... but I understand the discreteness of Aretha LIVE @ Fillmore West is fantastic!

fwiw i picked up a Q8 of WAR "Deliver The Word" in November 2017, so it definitely exists and saw release in Quad šŸ‘

IMG_4397.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
And IF the multitracks do exist for a Disc 2, perhaps RHINO can remix them for QUAD thus releasing the complete concert in 4.0.

I've never heard the CD~4 disc ... but I understand the discreteness of Aretha LIVE @ Fillmore West is fantastic!
Unfortunately, I don't think Rhino will do any new quad mixes for the Quadio program. I know, very sad. But it seems it makes financial sense to just get the original Quad mixes that are still in the vault and throw them (carefully) on a Blu-ray. Easy, inexpensive, and that low cost gets passed on to we buyers. If they have to pay someone to do a new mix (and maybe get added permissions to whomever) it could end up being rather costly.

That's why, for we quad freaks, it's so important to find those tapes that were mixed for quadraphonic and never released!

Unfortunately, I don't think Rhino will do any new quad mixes for the Quadio program. I know, very sad. But it seems it makes financial sense to just get the original Quad mixes that are still in the vault and throw them (carefully) on a Blu-ray. Easy, inexpensive, and that low cost gets passed on to we buyers. If they have to pay someone to do a new mix (and maybe get added permissions to whomever) it could end up being rather costly.

That's why, for we quad freaks, it's so important to find those tapes that were mixed for quadraphonic and never released!
Two posts about new Quad mixes:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...nuary-2024-titles-announced.35173/post-743867https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-now-in-sacd-stereo-or-mono.18704/post-728959

QuadraphonicQuad - WEA GROUP Records Checklist
IMO, there are still a LOT of quality recordings in their vaults worth releasing.
What a fascinating subject, and you guys really know a lot.
I see the list that 4 ears posted and many fascinating titles.
As a collector of music, I have not yet turned down a Rhino Quadio, and have yet to have the opinion that any of the releases were :sick:(n).
On that same note, collection, I would like to collect all that become available.
As you all have said, many variables come into play, before a release can be released.

I have some questions:
Dutton Vocalion seems to have one direction, different titles and a excellent array of Country Music.
Rhino seems to be getting all in, with new life for Quad (Quadio).
Japan seems to be masters of the Quad Sony Catalog?
Super Deluxe Edition, seems to have found a niche of titles being remixed, 5.1/Atmos.

As a consumer of music, using these 4 company's as a model, are they competing with each other?
A release goes to the highest bidder?
Are they just trying to get anything, so there company can survive the small niche surround market?
Why would Frank Sinatra titles be untouchable?
Does the big fire that wiped out so many tapes, make all of this a problem?

The Cars in Surround would be totally rad...does anybody know why it never got released? Was it just done nearing the death of the DVD-A?
I came across an entry for what appears to be the DVD-A with a release date of 04-13-2004 so I would imagine it was completed but not sure. There were rumors of a Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos mix as well. I'd love to hear all The Cars albums in surround so I hope it happens some day.

This link should take you to the ISRC info:

https://isrcsearch.ifpi.org/?tab="a...ile+types"&itemsPerPage=100&showReleases=true

Back