ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's Mr. Cool...IMO...and check out that Miles Davis Vinyl...game recognizes game(y)..he might just be the coolest "cat" ever...he's one of those figures that has "it"...many are famous...but few have that "it" quality...Sinatra...Paul Newman...it's a short list for me...but he's at the top...

Love the music in this movie...and of course the chase scene(not seen here)

Growing up as a kid in the Sixties, McQueen was the epitome of cool. The motorcycle chase scene in The Great Escape - even though it didn’t turn out well in the end is still a thrill to watch today. Not cool...the way he treats his vinyl [emoji6]

Anyone get anything from the Black Friday version of RSD?.....Me- Bobbie Gentry's Billy Joe reissue.....quite a story when you read her bio, FMac's Then Play On, nice reissue tho I'm not sure it was a RSD issue, and a Vocalion labeled reissue of Robert Johnson. At home I discovered it's at 78 rpm! Other than 2 real Victrolas, I don't have a table that does 78s anymore, the ex took that one. I guess it will be awhile before I actually hear this, unless I play it at 45! 🤩

Anyone get anything from the Black Friday version of RSD?.....Me- Bobbie Gentry's Billy Joe reissue.....quite a story when you read her bio, ...! 🤩

Yes I did, and I got that Bobbie Gentry too, but I was disappointed to find “Ode..” jammed up toward the center label as the last song.

Also brought home these RSD albums:
• Jimi Hendrix ~
Both Sides of the Sky 19075814201

• Brian Auger ~
Berliner Jazzstage Nov.07, 1968
ROC-3422

• Herbie Hancock ~
Flood
GET 51294-LP

• David Axlerod ~
Earth Rot
NA 5167-LP-ST
B0028037-01

• The Lebron Bros Orch.
Psychedelic Goes Latin
Cotique
C-1008/ GET59003-LP

• Eric Dolphy
Musical Prophet
the expanded 1963 NY studio sessions
Resonance Records
HLP-9035

Also got non-RSD vinyls:
• Gil Scott Heron - Nothing New

• Larry Graham - Sooner or Later

• Lipps, Inc. ~ Pucker Up

• Marcus Miller ~ 25074-1

• Flora Purim ~ Carry On

• Max Roach ~ Lift Every Voice and Sing

• Max Roach ~ The Uptown String Quartet

• Lou Donaldson ~ Everything I Play is Funky

• Sly & the Family Stone ~ Anthology E2-37071

• Toots Theilmans + Joe Pass + Niels Ørsted-Pedersen ~ Live in the Neatherlands

• Micheal Franks ~ self-titled (Brut 6005) 0598

Love the music in this movie...and of course the chase scene(not seen here)

Great movie, even though I doubt a 390 Mustang GT could so easily keep up with a 440 Charger, a special edition Mopar that could miraculously manufacture roughly a bakers’ dozen hub caps whilst on the fly!

I also picked up these albums on RSD Black Friday:

All three by Lalo Schifrin
(Bullet movie score composer)

1) Piano Strings and Bossa Nova (MGM SE 4110)
2) Black Widow (CTI 5000)
3) Towering Toccata (CTI 7-5003)

I was not a member yet when Ray Manzarek died in 2013(formerly joined the next year)….I was posting on another forum and I told Gos that the Doors were dead now too....I said that because Ray kept the band "alive" and in the news with the various events he was involved in concerning the band...the other 2 former members had no such desire.....and here we are 5 years removed from Ray's death and the Doors aren't talked about much anymore...except in the ranks of die hard Door's fans....and when I think of the Doors....this is the first song that comes to mind...such a great driving song.....

So, I've recently found some ambition and I'm getting back to ripping my vinyl collection. All my multi-channel stuff is ripped...so what else am I going to do? If I have a MC version already...I won't bother. But, I'm ripping some more obscure vinyl, or maybe some from my early years that bring back some memories. I also found Clickrepair, which takes care of any clicks and so the finished product is quite excellent. I'm not afraid to rip my older stuff.....in fact, I'm currently working on all my Johnny Mathis vinyls....most are in the early 60's or late 50's. The ripped result is amazing....

50e0e0afbee6ca729c90ed2c2575d278.jpg

Hell yes! Just ripped my original vinyl of Spirits Having Flown! Wonderful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50e0e0afbee6ca729c90ed2c2575d278.jpg

Hell yes! Just ripped my original vinyl of Spirits Having Flown! Wonderful...

Wow....that album was at the very end of a fantastic run of hit songs...the first 3 songs on that album were all number 1 hits....the 80's weren't kind to the band....they weren't getting air time on the radio anymore...some would say they were kept off intentionally...they beat many of the Beatles top hits on the charts in the 60's and 70's...and they kept Disco alive for a few more years after the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack....they had a boatload of hits but that movie soundtrack cemented them as mega stars....love their music...how many years have you had that album?....it still haunts me that I don't get a turntable...I've been close these last 2 years...the cool factor is just off the charts...but then I remember the downside..all the clicks and pops and I just can't pull the trigger...what is especially tempting is all the releases on vinyl...everytime I get an email from acoustic sounds or music direct or elusive disc...I see all these new or reissue vinyl releases...geeze...

Wow....that album was at the very end of a fantastic run of hit songs...the first 3 songs on that album were all number 1 hits....the 80's weren't kind to the band....they weren't getting air time on the radio anymore...some would say they were kept off intentionally...they beat many of the Beatles top hits on the charts in the 60's and 70's...and they kept Disco alive for a few more years after the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack....they had a boatload of hits but that movie soundtrack cemented them as mega stars....love their music...how many years have you had that album?....it still haunts me that I don't get a turntable...I've been close these last 2 years...the cool factor is just off the charts...but then I remember the downside..all the clicks and pops and I just can't pull the trigger...what is especially tempting is all the releases on vinyl...everytime I get an email from acoustic sounds or music direct or elusive disc...I see all these new or reissue vinyl releases...geeze...

I got the album brand new in 1980. It’s an original of mine. My ex GF bought it for me.

Clint, the clicks and pops are far less prevalent, in fact close to zero, for me nowadays because (a) I've replaced most of my well worn copies over the years and (majorly...) (b) I take care of my records now! Clean, handle on edges, back in disc keeper inner sleeve, placed back into outer sleeve at the back of the album. Man, I used to dribble all kinds of crap over my vinyl back in my careless youth. You know you want a table...indulge yourself.

Clint, the clicks and pops are far less prevalent, in fact close to zero, for me nowadays because (a) I've replaced most of my well worn copies over the years and (majorly...) (b) I take care of my records now! Clean, handle on edges, back in disc keeper inner sleeve, placed back into outer sleeve at the back of the album. Man, I used to dribble all kinds of crap over my vinyl back in my careless youth. You know you want a table...indulge yourself.

C'mon John.....geeze….please don't tempt me:ROFLMAO:...the next thing you are going to tell me is that every vinyl you buy is flawlesso_O

Nah, I bought a recent Beatles reissue that is like a roller coaster, I'm going to have to employ the Kapn's oven baking process on it. What was that recipe again.... 10 minutes at 130 degrees Fahrenheit? hahaha

John, the sad thing is I've got a "mini" vinyl collection starting because of the inclusion of the vinyl in these super duper deluxe box setso_O

So, I don't even know what the "going price" is for the Super Duper Deluxe box of Guns/Roses. Don't care as I have the "regular" box set. Anyway, got an email from Popmarket, and they are selling it for $859.99

I guess more interestingly, is it says there are 10,000 units worldwide. :)

So, I don't even know what the "going price" is for the Super Duper Deluxe box of Guns/Roses. Don't care as I have the "regular" box set. Anyway, got an email from Popmarket, and they are selling it for $859.99

I guess more interestingly, is it says there are 10,000 units worldwide. :)

Scroll down and check out ALL the contents...I'd like to have the 32GB USB stick

Reactions: GOS
Back