Fake bootleg Beatles “Let it Be” Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I found no mention of this anywhere on the site.
Has no one bought this?
Is the sound mix any good?
Any songs more than snippets?

I’ve never seen the film.

Must be a bootleg release.

On Amazon?

eBay has always been “anything goes,” but Amazon is so strict on media I can’t even sell there.
They require purchase proof for every item sold (or so they say).
If this Blu-Ray is really a bootleg then we truly are in a new era.
How will we know if anything we buy is real?

On Amazon?

eBay has always been “anything goes,” but Amazon is so strict on media I can’t even sell there.
They require purchase proof for every item sold (or so they say).
If this Blu-Ray is really a bootleg then we truly are in a new era.
How will we know if anything we buy is real?
Can you provide a link?

There is NO official release of "Let It Be" (the album or the movie) on Blu-Ray.
Any releases out there are illegitimate, counterfeit bootlegs.

Now does anyone mind if we get back to discussing a LEGITIMATE Beatles Blu-Ray that came out today? (The White Album)

The Last time "Let it Be" was ever officially released as I recall, was on VHS with not good audio in the early 1980s. It came and went. I saw the movie in the theaters when it first came out. Some great moments, but it is a sad movie about one of the Greatest Rock bands breaking up.

The disc in question is rock band stems brewed into some sort of 7.1. No one should buy this, let alone pay $100. That's all there is to it. Maybe they'll do a WH type box in two years.

Edit: Come to remember the VHS from around more than 30 years ago, I'm not sure that VHS LIB was a legal one either. I seem to recall that there was some issues regarding the VHS and I thought the Beatles "pulled" that release, and that's why it went away. So, LIB has never had an office release form Apple.

Last edited:
Yes, there was also Laser Disc, I still have that format, but never bought LIB. Here is more information FWIW from Amazon. I have no idea how "legitimate" these were, but I too saw them in stores, then they went away for good. I know, or thought at the time, they were not Apple official releases. But perhaps not completely authorized edition either. I believe the Beatles legal woes have been messed up for a long time. Mind you, I am trying to remember stuff in exact detail from 30 years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Let-Original-1981-Laserdisc/dp/B002T9O8B2

Feature film on LASERDISC - Full Screen Format - ***THIS IS NOT A DVD*** - Starring The Beatles - Directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg - 1970 - Color - 80 Minutes - Rated G - Only 30,000 manufactured and sold in 1981 by Magnetic Video Corp.
letitbeLD.jpg

Edit:
Here is a link to all the Beatles video releases in detail:

http://www.norwegianwood.org/beatles/disko/html/video2.htm

Ok this explains it. Quote:

"Apart from these video films, there are countless semi-legal videos with The Beatles. This is partly due to the fact that when one started releasing at the end of the 70's, there were loopholes in the movie distribution rights. No one had anticipated that someday it would be possible for a fan to take home a copy of the movie and watch it on his/her TV! So all video companies needed to do, was to transfer films from their own and other people's collections onto video tape and release it commercially. In the early 80's this business came to an end after new laws had been passed in the various countries. Some countries were slower than others. But video tapes that were released during those first "outlaw" years may still be found at Beatles marketplaces and on the shelves of die hard Beatles fans."

Last edited:
Yes, there was also Laser Disc, I still have that format, but never bought LIB. Here is more information FWIW from Amazon. I have no idea how "legitimate" these were, but I too saw them in stores, then they went away for good. I know, or thought at the time, they were not Apple official releases. But perhaps not completely authorized edition either. I believe the Beatles legal woes have been messed up for a long time. Mind you, I am trying to remember stuff in exact detail from 30 years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Let-Original-1981-Laserdisc/dp/B002T9O8B2

Feature film on LASERDISC - Full Screen Format - ***THIS IS NOT A DVD*** - Starring The Beatles - Directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg - 1970 - Color - 80 Minutes - Rated G - Only 30,000 manufactured and sold in 1981 by Magnetic Video Corp.
View attachment 36537
That looks exactly like mine. Probably full of laser rot by now. The boot I have has many out takes from the rooftop performance that are not on the laser disc./

Edit:
Here is a link to all the Beatles video releases in detail:

http://www.norwegianwood.org/beatles/disko/html/video2.htm

Ok this explains it. Quote:

"Apart from these video films, there are countless semi-legal videos with The Beatles. This is partly due to the fact that when one started releasing at the end of the 70's, there were loopholes in the movie distribution rights. No one had anticipated that someday it would be possible for a fan to take home a copy of the movie and watch it on his/her TV! So all video companies needed to do, was to transfer films from their own and other people's collections onto video tape and release it commercially. In the early 80's this business came to an end after new laws had been passed in the various countries. Some countries were slower than others. But video tapes that were released during those first "outlaw" years may still be found at Beatles marketplaces and on the shelves of die hard Beatles fans."

There is NO official release of "Let It Be" (the album or the movie) on Blu-Ray.
Any releases out there are illegitimate, counterfeit bootlegs.

Now does anyone mind if we get back to discussing a LEGITIMATE Beatles Blu-Ray that came out today? (The White Album)

I only believe what RT says. Changing subject of more importance I am watching Seahawks/Rams in 5.1;) and drinking beer and eating Trader Joes mini chicken tacos, yum, :LOL:.

The Let It Be Laserdisc has double cropping (filmed in 4:3, framed for cinema release and then they cropped the cinema release to go back to 4:3 for the LD.

Mine sadly has rot.

The DVD version that is around has the original aspect ratio, and looks fine. A hi-res transfer would look great, right, but it would be a different experience. Horribly grainy (mostly) and lo-res give it a cinema verite quality.

PS: a few weeks ago I watched Grease in it original AR (large bars above and below in a 16:9 display, 2.35 or something). My only previous experience with that movie was a 4:3 laserdisc I got for my daughter (I'm too hip, ahem, to buy it for myself). The real release is a whole 'nother movie.

Back