Keane - Hopes and Fears 20 (SDE BluRay #21 w/David Kosten Atmos Mix May 20th, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Here's the next one: https://www.thesdeshop.com/products...hopes-and-fears-limited-edition-blu-ray-audio

SDE EXCLUSIVE: Keane / Hopes and Fears limited edition blu-ray audio​

PRE-ORDER: Release Date 20 May 2024

2004 Debut Album • SDE Exclusive • Dolby Atmos Mix • Bonus track • #21 in the SDE Surround Series • Limited to 2,500 units worldwide • Region-Free

[This blu-ray is region-free]

Keane's debut Hopes and Fears will be issued as an SDE-exclusive blu-ray in May, #21 in the ongoing SDE Surround Series.

The album features three UK top 10 singles in 'Somewhere Only We Know', 'Everybody's Changing' and 'Bedshaped' and was a massive success. It has since gone on to sell more than 2.7m copies in the UK alone, a million copies in America and 6m worldwide.

The SDE blu-ray features a brand new Dolby Atmos Mix by David Kosten (David produced Keane's last studio album Cause and Effect, and created the Atmos Mixes for Tubular Bells and No Parlez) as well as a 5.1 mix and a 96/24 stereo mix.

Additionally, the SDE-exclusive blu-ray audio features a bonus track, the 'lost' song 'Love Actually', which was written and recorded while Keane were an unsigned band with a view to persuading Richard Curtis to use it in his 2003 romantic comedy (the band's friend and manager Adam was working for the producer of the film). Sadly, the song was never used, with Richard Curtis recently commenting that "Everyone makes mistakes... I thought it was beautiful. I tried really hard to put it in the film – but in the end it was a little melancholy and, dare I say, a bit DEEP for the film I’d made".

'Love Actually', is included in all three audio streams: Atmos, 5.1 and hi-res stereo. The blu-ray audio will ship with a free SDE Surround Series slipcase.

This SDE-exclusive blu-ray of Hopes and Fears will be released on 20 May 2024 via UMR/Island. It's limited to just 2,500 units.

Hopes and Fears in Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD 5.1 Surround (48/24) and 96/24 stereo​

1. Somewhere Only We Know
  2. Bend And Break
  3. We Might As Well Be Strangers
  4. Everybody’s Changing
  5. Your Eyes Open
  6. She Has No Time
  7. Can’t Stop Now
  8. Sunshine
  9. This Is The Last Time
  10. On a Day Like Today
  11. Untitled 1
  12. Bedshaped

Bonus track in Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD 5.1 Surround (48/24) and 96/24 stereo​

1. Love Actually

Here's the next one: https://www.thesdeshop.com/products...hopes-and-fears-limited-edition-blu-ray-audio

2004 Debut Album • SDE Exclusive • Dolby Atmos Mix • Bonus track • #21 in the SDE Surround Series • Limited to 2,500 units worldwide • Region-Free

Keane's debut Hopes and Fears will be issued as an SDE-exclusive blu-ray in May, #21 in the ongoing SDE Surround Series.

The album features three UK top 10 singles in 'Somewhere Only We Know', 'Everybody's Changing' and 'Bedshaped' and was a massive success. It has since gone on to sell more than 2.7m copies in the UK alone, a million copies in America and 6m worldwide.

The SDE blu-ray features a brand new Dolby Atmos Mix by David Kosten (David produced Keane's last studio album Cause and Effect, and created the Atmos Mixes for Tubular Bells and No Parlez) as well as a 5.1 mix and a 96/24 stereo mix.

Additionally, the SDE-exclusive blu-ray audio features a bonus track, the 'lost' song 'Love Actually', which was written and recorded while Keane were an unsigned band with a view to persuading Richard Curtis to use it in his 2003 romantic comedy (the band's friend and manager Adam was working for the producer of the film). Sadly, the song was never used, with Richard Curtis recently commenting that "Everyone makes mistakes... I thought it was beautiful. I tried really hard to put it in the film – but in the end it was a little melancholy and, dare I say, a bit DEEP for the film I’d made".

'Love Actually', is included in all three audio streams: Atmos, 5.1 and hi-res stereo. The blu-ray audio will ship with a free SDE Surround Series slipcase.

This SDE-exclusive blu-ray of Hopes and Fears will be released on 20 May 2024 via UMR/Island. It's limited to just 2,500 units.

2. Bend And Break
  4. Everybody’s Changing
  5. Your Eyes Open
  6. She Has No Time
  7. Can’t Stop Now
  8. Sunshine
  9. This Is The Last Time
  10. On a Day Like Today
  11. Untitled 1
  12. Bedshaped

1. Love Actually
I believe the 5.1 mix here is NOT the previous 5.1 mix, as neither "Love Actually" nor "On a Day Like Today" were released in 5.1 for that previous release.

2. Bend And Break
  4. Everybody’s Changing
  5. Your Eyes Open
  6. She Has No Time
  7. Can’t Stop Now
  8. Sunshine
  9. This Is The Last Time
  10. On a Day Like Today
  11. Untitled 1
  12. Bedshaped

1. Love Actually

OMG!! Now this is a dream come true. One of my very favorite albums of all time! This is screaming for this treatment....WOW!!!! I would have never dreamed....

2. Bend And Break
  4. Everybody’s Changing
  5. Your Eyes Open
  6. She Has No Time
  7. Can’t Stop Now
  8. Sunshine
  9. This Is The Last Time
  10. On a Day Like Today
  11. Untitled 1
  12. Bedshaped

1. Love Actually
Wooohooo!
I'm seeing Keane this friday. Perfect timing.
Though 2,500 copies is tad short for a band as big as Keane, and for a classic album as this one, innit?

Last edited:
Ordered - its a great album, interested to hear what the Atmos is like!

...... and looking at my spreadsheet, with 5 days to go before the end of the month, I've only spent half as much as I did in both January & February, PHEW! :LOL:
or maybe it should be a :cry: as not enough has been released :D

I have the SACD with the 5.1 mix and that is, frankly, terrible. It's not a discrete mix - everything is just spread out into all the channels and it sounds brickwalled, as well. Very fatiguing to listen to. So I'm ordering the blu-ray, hoping that the engineers have now taken note of how multi-channel mixes have evolved in the last 20 years.
IMG_7373.jpg

I have the SACD but this one is an instant order for sure 👍. Keen to compare the two. Keen to hear the new extra song(s) as Love Actually is new AND On A Day Like Today isn’t on the SACD. The track list is also different (see below) so that’s going to make it interesting too. I’m keane on this.

Attachments

• IMG_7508.jpeg
    IMG_7508.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 0
As many have said, the original 5.1 mix is fairly average at best. This new Atmos mix will surely crush the 5.1. That said, I have literally worn out my Dual Disc 5.1 I bought back in the day. Regardless of the average mix, I always LOVED listening to it while watching the "videos". To be honest, it is likely my most listened to title that I own.

If any of my US friends don't know this album, it is just dripping with emotion, the lyrics can rip at your heart/soul. There are a lot of things going on musically I think, and a fresh mix could really change how this sounds, IMO. There are parts that simply soar...I can't wait.

Purchased, the band & album were massive in the UK at the time, I had no idea it sold so well overseas, I thought this was another band our US friends had to discover

Honestly, I don't know how many US folks know this album very well. I stumbled upon it, by chance. It was early 2005 and I had taken my oldest son to the local Mall, he wanted to go to Abercrombie/Fitch to look at some shorts. I was in the back with him, and a song was playing across their speaker system and it stopped me in my tracks. For me, it was a style I'd never heard and I was instantly dying to know what it was. I went and asked an employee what was playing, they went back and checked....it was Keane, Everybody's Changing. I was hooked....went to Best Buy and actually found it and I've been a huge fan since.

Honestly, I don't know how many US folks know this album very well. I stumbled upon it, by chance. It was early 2005 and I had taken my oldest son to the local Mall, he wanted to go to Abercrombie/Fitch to look at some shorts. I was in the back with him, and a song was playing across their speaker system and it stopped me in my tracks. For me, it was a style I'd never heard and I was instantly dying to know what it was. I went and asked an employee what was playing, they went back and checked....it was Keane, Everybody's Changing. I was hooked....went to Best Buy and actually found it and I've been a huge fan since.
I can not speak for the US, but here in Argentina, all the hits were a great deal. This is also one of the few immersive titles that my wife would enjoy too (she is a big fan) so I am buying it as soon as I post this :p

There's a great Atmos mix of the first track 'Somewhere Only We Know' done by Dustin Richardson a few years ago to tide over until the disc comes out (as well as the new bonus Love Actually - which I kinda understand why it was left off). Hopefully it'll still be possible to find afterwards, but I presume Apple will just default to the new version...

'Old' Atmos mix...

Keane were quite huge here in Europe back then. I like this album very much as well and will likely buy it - despite the rather prohibitive p&p involved.

Back