Paul Young - "No Parlez" Blu-Ray Audio with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming March 15 (SDE #17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like my assumption earlier about the 5.1 mix coming from the atmos mix was correct!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240314_135134_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20240314_135134_Chrome.png
    436.9 KB · Views: 0
Never the biggest fan of this period of music, I would say that Paul Young had earned his spurs by this album (Toast anyone?) and unlike so many is still around and evolving. The album itself has that Eighties sound horrible drum sound, strange synths. This though is quite refreshing after years of ignoring it. The mix is fully surround plenty in the rears. David Kosten has done a very nice job with the mix. This will be a keeper for sure.

I'm on my third run through plus the instrumental version. Always a good sign.

This release is sublime in every way.
The music hasn't aged and you can tell how much care and attention was given to every note and quaver.
You did a good job here Paul.

And David Kosten has smashed the Atmos mix. I've not listened to the 5.1 mix but I think that will have the same exceptional quality.

I had no preconceived ideas as to what this would sound like or how the album had matured.

I am very impressed with this release

I'm on my third run through plus the instrumental version. Always a good sign.

This release is sublime in every way.
The music hasn't aged and you can tell how much care and attention was given to every note and quaver.
You did a good job here Paul.

And David Kosten has smashed the Atmos mix. I've not listened to the 5.1 mix but I think that will have the same exceptional quality.

I had no preconceived ideas as to what this would sound like or how the album had matured.

I am very impressed with this release
I had this back in the days, and I liked it a lot, so I ordered it last night based on your review.
If it's a weak mix, I'll bill you for it, these SDE releases are pricey. ;)

So, accepting that we cannot all like the same music, if you do like this album, you are going to love this mix. As I mentioned in my earlier post I had the privilege of hearing it in Atmos at Dolby HQ last week. I have 5.1 at home and my first listen to that mix still brought a huge grin to the openness now achieved. For the first time I slightly envy those of my fellow QQ members who will have this Blu-ray AND Atmos. Absolutely superb album, disc and astonishing value for money given the very limited numbers and the level of work that David Kosten put into this demo quality mix. Brilliant!

Back