Wham! - Fantastic & Make It Big Atmos Blu-Ray Audios w/bonus tracks (SDE Surround Series #19 & #20) March 22, 2024 (Delayed until April 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that Paul from Super deluxe Web site will be putting out much rock or prog rock Blu-ray discs he is definitely a fan of the 80s pop stuff and seems to have a big influence on what he wants to come out on Blu-ray.
His last name is Sinclair, it gave me a lot of false hopes initially.;)

1708630442252.png

I'm not a fan of Wham, at all. I can't stand "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go". "Careless Whisper" I don't hate, but I wasn't about to get these discs.

Today, I got the email from SDE saying stock was getting low on these, so I bought them. Makes no sense for me to do so, but I can read this thread and find comfort that I am not alone.

I'm not a fan of Wham, at all. I can't stand "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go". "Careless Whisper" I don't hate, but I wasn't about to get these discs.

Today, I got the email from SDE saying stock was getting low on these, so I bought them. Makes no sense for me to do so, but I can read this thread and find comfort that I am not alone.
Sounds like FOMO to me. LOL

Ditto. I couldn't stand Wham in the mid-80s but just ordered today. I guess I'm a FOMO MOFO!

Wham! were very much a part of my nightclubbing days (great days!) and Careless Whisper is such a beautifully written song, delivered so well vocally. And yet I ummed and ahhed endlessly about buying these, the problem being, these albums are so imprinted on my DNA, would I actually play them?

Anyway, I also received that email and caved in and ordered them.
🙂

I'm on the edge but I've just bought too much stuff to listen to and store recently and your 60s thread is starting to bankrupt me. I like select Wham songs but not enuf.
If this was before the Quadio program I would have been more likely to buy them.

I got the same email, and then threw on Def Leppard and I think one other disc, and I was about to check out for $143 shipped before I came to my senses. I like the singles well enough I guess but this is a lot of money for something I really don't care enough about to spend it on.

Been having the same issue with the Rhino Quadio stuff. I don't remember the 70s and don't particularly care to spend serious money to hear some of these quad mixes. I'm glad others do and will, but there's a limit.

I got the same email, and then threw on Def Leppard and I think one other disc, and I was about to check out for $143 shipped before I came to my senses. I like the singles well enough I guess but this is a lot of money for something I really don't care enough about to spend it on.

Been having the same issue with the Rhino Quadio stuff. I don't remember the 70s and don't particularly care to spend serious money to hear some of these quad mixes. I'm glad others do and will, but there's a limit.
As ATMOS remixes seem to be all the rage nowadays, better to wait for something you really LOVE rather than succumb to the FOMO effect! At $43 a pop [with interntional s/h] I'd rather spend the $$$$ on my other hobby, 4K movies and even the new National Symphony Orchestra's complete Beethoven Cycle of all nine symphonies on 5 multi~CH SACDs and 2 BD~A ATMOS discs at Amazon's current asking price of 36 bucks [that's a total of 7 hi res discs}!

I did order the WHAM BD~As but I didn't pull the trigger on the last few SDE 'exclusives' and glad I didn't after reading the so so reviews!

I'm on the edge but I've just bought too much stuff to listen to and store recently and your 60s thread is starting to bankrupt me. I like select Wham songs but not enuf.
If this was before the Quadio program I would have been more likely to buy them.
Yeah, totally. I get it. You gotta go with what you really want and what makes fiscal sense. BTW, my copy of the Free Design box set you turned me on to arrives from Amazon tomorrow. So, there, it works both ways. Hahaha!

Yeah, totally. I get it. You gotta go with what you really want and what makes fiscal sense. BTW, my copy of the Free Design box set you turned me on to arrives from Amazon tomorrow. So, there, it works both ways. Hahaha!
The FREE DESIGN box set is amazing, Uncle Obscure .......And yes, fiscal responsibility in these inflationary times is highly recommended and should be an integral part of the 'survival instinct!'

Back