Paul Young - "No Parlez" Blu-Ray Audio with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming March 15 (SDE #17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, but he's from nearby St Albans. And Steven Wilson is of course from nearby Hemel Hempstead.

And you're from my old hometown (Luton), how nice. (My family migrated to Melbourne, Australia when I was a kid.)

I did a working holiday to UK in 1979 and lived in Hemel Hempstead, worked in St Albans and went to Luton to watch them play West Ham. My family migrated from NZ to Melbourne when I was a kid. I now live in Melbourne.

I did a working holiday to UK in 1979 and lived in Hemel Hempstead, worked in St Albans and went to Luton to watch them play West Ham. My family migrated from NZ to Melbourne when I was a kid. I now live in Melbourne.
Whereas I grew up in and around St. Albans & Harpenden, went occasionally to Hemel to gigs at the Pavilion, Watford as that was where my grandparents had moved to from Scotland before we did, and Luton where .... um, er .... we went a few times one summer after the pubs shut in St. Albans :rolleyes: to sit in a field at the end of the airport and drink beer whilst watching aeroplanes :oops: (the daftness of youth coupled with vast alcohol consumption at play there!).

1710180018425.png

Interesting how the 5.1 is 48khz could it by any chance be a downmix of the Atmos mix?

Last edited:
It certainly could, although it may simply be limited to 48kHz due to the absolute plethora of audio on this disc, with higher resolutions reserved for the new and remastered stereo mixes.
Couldn't they use a dual layer disc like they did for Who's Next if that was the case?

Last edited:
View attachment 103202
Interesting how the 5.1 is 48khz could it by any chance be a downmix of the Atmos mix?
Interestingly at the listening event David Kosten mentioned that this was the first time he had worked with 24/196 files of the base 24 tracks. Thank goodness for analogue technology 40 years ago! The 5.1 mix was not discussed although I have learned that Paul Sinclair always asks if a 5.1 can be produced as well as Atmos as he is aware that some of his customers only have 5.1 .... such as me! It would make sense for it to be a dedicated 5.1 mix as the Atmos would fold down anyway so there would be little point in cutting out the middle man, well processor, for the same end result. Perhaps the better question is whether it is Dolby TrueHD or DTS.

When looking at the different versions of the surround and stereo versions might this be the best value blu-ray ever, assuming you like the music of course. Roll on Friday.

Latest posts

Back