Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO! No, I only put it in my cart to see what the final price would be......I didn't place the order. Yes, Import CD is best price at the moment...but I'll likely keep my Amazon order since I have Prime. :)

ImportCD might have their 10% off sale to coincide with Memorial Day [just a guess] and that'll shave another 12 bucks off the total price and they are getting better with their shipping times. Not that you NOR I have NOTHING to play on our systems while we're waiting.............and I thought I was THE excitable BOY!:coffee::SB

ImportCD might have their 10% off sale to coincide with Memorial Day [just a guess] and that'll shave another 12 bucks off the total price and they are getting better with their shipping times. Not that you NOR I have NOTHING to play on our systems while we're waiting.............and I thought I was THE excitable BOY!:coffee:
Nah - I'm pretty wound up about this one. Yeah, yeah....maybe their lyrics are childish and irrelevant today....I totally enjoy the vibe of the music.

Nah - I'm pretty wound up about this one. Yeah, yeah....maybe their lyrics are childish and irrelevant today....I totally enjoy the vibe of the music.

So much of rock has childish/irrelevant lyrics but hey baby, it's ROCK 'n ROLL! And I've always LOVED AXL's VOICE [as one critic commented....sounds like he's on HELIUM!]:eek:please sir, just gimme one more BLAST???????

I know the Locked N Loaded edition is pretty over the top in regards to it's price....but I have become interested in some of the aspects of the "mondo" set....this set makes me think of the Grateful Dead offerings...............although they have a relatively small fan base...they are very loyal when it comes to buying their sets...and it looks like GNR has taken a few of their ideas...for one...this big set isn't offered at the usual outlets...I've only seen it on this dedicated website...maybe there are other outlets...but not the usual suspects(like amazon..acoustic sounds..elusive discs..)...the other and more interesting common element is the 32GB USB stick offered in this set....scroll down and read what it says under that heading HERE

My only real reservation about the super deluxe edition with the blu ray is the mastering...with ES on board I know the mix will be spot on....but the early release on iTunes makes me pause...now it's understandable that the Dynamic Range was curbed for low rez consumption....let's just hope that the blu ray gets mastering equal to the mix supplied by ES...

The first result on this list is the iTunes I just mentioned....but looking over the years....the best results have come from vinyl editions...HERE

There would be a single disc Blu-Ray release if the labels thought it would be profitable enough to release one.
Universal released lots of Blu-Ray audio discs between 2013 & 2016, and they have not produced any more since then (except in box sets) so they clearly feel their venture did not work out.
I totally agree with that, but would offer that perhaps they were too early in the adoption of Blu-ray and that more people would likely buy them now.

I totally agree with that, but would offer that perhaps they were too early in the adoption of Blu-ray and that more people would likely buy them now.

I honestly don't think that's the case.
The first Blu-Ray releases came out in 2006. Universal launched their HFPA series in 2013, over six years after Blu-Ray first appeared.
They just did a terrible job marketing and selling the product which ultimately led to its demise.

Anyway, because I can't stand this album's music, I'm very much unsure about whether or not I will buy this.
Maybe hearing the mix will convince me one way or the other.

Well, Amazon is up to their monkey business again. The price for the deluxe box went down to $138..74 for a few days (that's the price mine is pre-ordered at) and now it's back up to $179.98 lmfao!

Well, Amazon is up to their monkey business again. The price for the deluxe box went down to $138..74 for a few days (that's the price mine is pre-ordered at) and now it's back up to $179.98 lmfao!
I think I've got a preorder at importcds for about $140... I'm trying to avoid amazon, but if it gets down to $120, I'll bite!

Man, this is a tough one for me. AFD is a mixed bag of emotions for me to begin with. A classic album from a period in my life with less-than-great memories. Not necessarily the period I want to be taken back to. But one of the seminal rock albums from any era and something that is a must have in any serious music fan’s collection.

And for it to be in 5.1 with a ES mix? Astounding. I can’t wait to hear it. I just don’t know how often I’d play it. As much as I liked a lot of heavier rock stuff back in the day, it’s not what I gravitate towards in my old age. And at over $100 just to have it in the collection? I dunno.

I may have to wait on this one and hope they over-produce copies or that they release a BD stand-alone.

I honestly don't think that's the case.
The first Blu-Ray releases came out in 2006. Universal launched their HFPA series in 2013, over six years after Blu-Ray first appeared.
They just did a terrible job marketing and selling the product which ultimately led to its demise.

Anyway, because I can't stand this album's music, I'm very much unsure about whether or not I will buy this.
Maybe hearing the mix will convince me one way or the other.
Maybe I'm weird, but if you can't stand the album (and I understand it's not everyone's taste) I can't imagine why you'd pay $130 for the SDE. I don't think a stand-alone release is in the works but it's not impossible - the band has been in full cash-in mode since the partial reunion began, after decades of leaving money on the table, and I think they're getting this out knowing that the peace may not last forever so best to do this now.

Recall that AFD was supposed to be one of the first slate of titles in the HFPA release program, to the point of being included in the HFPA sampler disc (with Welcome to the Jungle) before being indefinitely delayed and then cancelled.

Oh, that explains it. When it was brought up in the context of this thread I thought it was a surround sampler.

yes, copies available here;
(Stereo only, no 5.1 iirc)

CLASSIC SONGS !!!DEMO DISC, BLU RAY PURE AUDIO DISC.SEALED SEE INFO BELOW.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/263648157378

The price is certainly cheap, but stereo only, and they won't ship to US YANKS! :confused:

Have MOST of the cuts except for the Gn'R cut on BD~A. And couldn't they spring for separate classical and pop/jazz BD~As? Very strange sequencing........:alien:

What a MISSED opportunity for UMG not to include 4.0/5.1 but then again, they DID put a BIMBO in charge of that launch:geek:

IF ONLY THEY PUT THE ORACLE of SURROUND, fredblue of the UK, in CHARGE!:51QQ

Last edited:
Thanks to Clint Eastwood for this:

Deep Discount 15% off coupon BLOOM15 until Wednesday May 16th at noon CST

Which brings the AFD down to $126.68, including standard shipping - code works, I just used it - still expensive, but a better price than elsewhere

Back