Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In which case we must harass him and post many more organ recordings :p

Believe me, I have a lot of ORGAN recordings. I just don't listen to them as frequently as Brett does. Brett likes to pretend he's living in a church and can't resist the 'pageantry' of non~secular music. And don't kid yourself, Mr. B also loves heavy metal music. And since he hails from the midwest, he also loves hee haw music. You can take the boy out of the country .... but you can't take the country out of the boy!:ROFLMAO:Boy Brett's a musical enigma!

I'm currently listening to:

11287.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Harmonia Mundi HMU 807631
Stereo/Multichannel Hybrid
Classical - Orchestral
Prokofiev: Piano Concertos 2 & 5

BTW, a GORGEOUS recording!

Last edited:
Believe me, I have a lot of ORGAN recordings. I just don't listen to them as frequently as Brett does. Brett likes to pretend he's living in a church and can't resist the 'pageantry' of non~secular music. And don't kid yourself, Mr. B also loves heavy metal music. !
Then I guess him and I are practically brothers :D. I love heavy metal as well, in fact in my earlier days I admit to listening a lot of thrash and death metal. At the same time my day starts with organ music at organlive.com, though I couldn't care less about the religious aspects of organ music. To me, there is nothing like the roar of a full throated organ. :SB

Then I guess him and I are practically brothers :D. I love heavy metal as well, in fact in my earlier days I admit to listening a lot of thrash and death metal. At the same time my day starts with organ music at organlive.com, though I couldn't care less about the religious aspects of organ music. To me, there is nothing like the roar of a full throated organ. :SB

There's nothing inherently wrong with Heavy Metal and loving a Heavy pedal on a massive organ........It's ALL good!

BTW, Do you have this ONE: https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLX7334

Exceptional!

7334k.jpg

Last edited:
Voices of the Frescoes - Julian Gembalski (SACD Musicon)

Anonymous, Warsaw Organ Tablature (XVII c.): Preludium primi toni No.1; Fuga No.39; Toccata tertio toni No.19
Johann Pachelbel: Fuge in C major; Fuge in G minor; Aria quarta
Johann Philipp Krieger: Toccata und Fuge in A minor
Johann Krieger: Präludium in A minor; Ricercar in A minor
Franz Xaver Murschhauser: Präambel und Fuge in D minor; Präambel, Fuge und Finale in D minor
Bernardo Pasquini: Toccata; Ricercare; Introduction e pastorale
Johann Jacob Froberger: Canzone Terza in F major
Johann Sebastian Bach: Pastorale in F major, BWV 590
Julian Gembalski: Chorale variations in stilo antico “Nun komm der Heiden Heiland”

Julian Gembalski (organ of St. Joseph, Krzeszów)

Buxtehude: Complete Organ Works Vol. 4 (SACD Dacapo)

Dietrich Buxtehude:
Toccata in F Major BuxWV 157, Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ, à 2 Clav. BuxWV 188, Nun lob, mein Seel, den Herren BuxWV 212, Praeludium in G Major BuxWV 147, Canzonetta in C Major BuxWV 167, Canzonetta in G Major BuxWV 171, Magnificat I. Toni BuxWV 204, Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g’mein, à 2 Clav. BuxWV 210, Canzonetta in d Minor BuxWV 168, Praeludium in F Major BuxWV 144, Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ BuxWV 196, Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern BuxWV 223, Toccata in d Minor BuxWV 155

Bine Bryndorf (organ)

Buxtehude: Complete Organ Works Vol. 4 (SACD Dacapo)

Dietrich Buxtehude:
Toccata in F Major BuxWV 157, Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ, à 2 Clav. BuxWV 188, Nun lob, mein Seel, den Herren BuxWV 212, Praeludium in G Major BuxWV 147, Canzonetta in C Major BuxWV 167, Canzonetta in G Major BuxWV 171, Magnificat I. Toni BuxWV 204, Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g’mein, à 2 Clav. BuxWV 210, Canzonetta in d Minor BuxWV 168, Praeludium in F Major BuxWV 144, Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ BuxWV 196, Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern BuxWV 223, Toccata in d Minor BuxWV 155

Bine Bryndorf (organ)

3602900n.gif

Heinrich Schütz: Psalmen Davids (SACD Carus)

Dorothee Mields, Marie Luise Werneburg; David Erler; Stefan Kunath; Georg Poplatz; Tobias Mäthger (Mathger); Stephan MacLeod; Felix Schwandtke
Dresdner Kammerchor
Dresdner Barockorchester
Hans-Christoph Rademann

A friend of mine runs an Insurance company out of a converted church. The original pipe organ is still there and functioning. Once in a blue moon I'll be there and can play the organ. I bring some sheet music and fire away on the classical, it's awesome!
What a treat! Maybe next time you can post some pictures of the organ and the pipes, (at least the facade) please.

Back