Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beautiful performance and recording, courtesy of BIS. ;)(y)

Now listening to...

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew (SACD Sony) :SG

A fab recording, Brett. BTW, do you have the SONY Japan 5.1 discrete multichannel recording of Miles Davis: In A Silent Way. Only $23 @ CDJapan! http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=In+A+Silent+Way+SACD

Disregard CDJapan's 3 channel recording info.......it's 5.1! Highest Recommendation. One of those Fifty Shades [of Brett] 'WHIP' recommendations!:eek:

A fab recording, Brett. BTW, do you have the SONY Japan 5.1 discrete multichannel recording of Miles Davis: In A Silent Way. Only $23 @ CDJapan! http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=In+A+Silent+Way+SACD

Disregard CDJapan's 3 channel recording info.......it's 5.1! Highest Recommendation. One of those Fifty Shades [of Brett] 'WHIP' recommendations!:eek:

LOL! Haven't felt that sweet whip in a while. :ROFLMAO: I am pretty sure I had a SACD version of In a Silent Way. I'll have to dig around for it. If not, I'll definite get it. I noticed there is also an earlier 1999 SACD release. Does it have the same surround mix? Jazz is most suited to surround!

LOL! Haven't felt that sweet whip in a while. :ROFLMAO: I am pretty sure I had a SACD version of In a Silent Way. I'll have to dig around for it. If not, I'll definite get it. I noticed there is also an earlier 1999 SACD release. Does it have the same surround mix? Jazz is most suited to surround!

There was an earlier SONY Japan version but the one I've linked is the one you want. A lot of QQers, including myself, have been raving about the quality of this remaster as CDJapan's 'three channel sound' description is deceiving and just not accurate.

Glad you got to visit your family and hopefully, your rain woes in Japan have subsided although I do feel sorry for those poor families in the Carolinas who are literally underwater and expecting their rivers to swell and do more damage in the weeks to come.

There was an earlier SONY Japan version but the one I've linked is the one you want. A lot of QQers, including myself, have been raving about the quality of this remaster as CDJapan's 'three channel sound' description is deceiving and just not accurate.

Glad you got to visit your family and hopefully, your rain woes in Japan have subsided although I do feel sorry for those poor families in the Carolinas who are literally underwater and expecting their rivers to swell and do more damage in the weeks to come.

Thanks for the tip! Can't pass that one up. We certainly need more Jazz in discrete surround!!
Indiana was good. I am always amazed at how easy & comfortable it is to travel around the world...and all arranged on a smartphone!!

Speaking of comfortably discrete, now listening to...

Roger Shah - Music for Meditation (BD-A)

Thanks for the tip! Can't pass that one up. We certainly need more Jazz in discrete surround!!
Indiana was good. I am always amazed at how easy & comfortable it is to travel around the world...and all arranged on a smartphone!!

Speaking of comfortably discrete, now listening to...

Roger Shah - Music for Meditation (BD-A)
Among my favorite BDs! I can't recall all the mix choices. Does it have Auro? I can't hardly wait to test out my Denon x6400H in 7.1.4 when I get home! :SB

Among my favorite BDs! I can't recall all the mix choices. Does it have Auro? I can't hardly wait to test out my Denon x6400H in 7.1.4 when I get home! :SB

Yes, the Roger Shah BD-A mix choices are 9.1 Auro-3D, 5.1 DTS-HD MA, and 2.0 LPCM. I listen in 5.1 which is amazingly discrete, especially for such meditative music. I can only imagine how beautiful it must sound in Auro. :love:

Ah! Now I understand why Ralphie likes this recording so much. LOL!!! :p:ROFLMAO:;)

WHOA....one of my very favorite albums is
7536.jpg

logo_sacd.png

Oehms Classics OC 683
Stereo/Multichannel Hybrid
Classical - Instrumental
Holst: The Planets Op. 32 (trans. Peter Sykes)

Hansjörg Albrecht (organ)

Of course, Brett, my very favorite organ music remains:

Isn't that just the cutest little thing?

Then there's always room for Danish Composer/Organist Dietrich Buxtehude:ROFLMAO:that's when I'm in the MOOD, Dude!

Last edited:
Got it, Ralphie. ;)(y) Next time we'll do Buxtehude. Now I'm already spinning something completely different...a gorgeous recital of French Baroque music for viola da gamba & harpsichord.

La Chemise Blanche (SACD Aeolus)

François Couperin: Première Suite in E minor, Deuxième Suite in A major, La Superbe ou la Forqueray
Antoine Forqueray: Quatrieme Suite in G minor

Rainer Zipperling, Sofia Diniz (viola da gambas)
Pieter-Jan Belder (harpsichord)

Back