MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alan Parsons Project "Eye In The Sky" Blu-ray. Hadn't heard the whole album in years, the surround mix certainly beefs up a few tracks that I hadn't really noticed before.

Dissolution - The Pineapple Thief (5.1 BD-A)

fD8Pjnu.jpeg

Imagine : Super Duper Box - Lennono (CDs + BDs)

ho hum, time for a tiny t'internet delivery gripe! :p ShAmazon UK, having taken their own sweet time about "Prime" delivering it, so thoughtfully smacked a big long dent in the outer box, which in turn has left a smaller dint on the spine :eek:

BAH! B@ll@cks to 'em! I'm cancelling Prime after Christmas and gonna waddle off to HMV or something next time one of these box sets comes out, its just all more hassle than it's worth... ahh... and re-lax! :phones

Picked up a couple of Claudio Abbado concert Blu-Rays from Euro Arts at the used shop for $5 each yesterday.

First one I’m playing is the Brandenburg Concertos recorded in 2004. Only 48kHz. But surprisingly nice surround for a live classical performance.

I’m hoping the other — a Mahler symphony and a Prokofiev piano concerto with Yuja Wang on piano recorded in 2009 is as good!

Last edited:
The Beatles Supper Deluxe 1 BR/6 CD
I bought my first copy the week it was released 50 years ago. 2ch LPx2 $5 at Polk Brothers. I was a bit cheesed that Not Guilty didn't make the final cut, even after 100+ takes.

Electric Ladyland Deluxe 1 BR/3 CD
Joe and I still like the Euro cover better, even though it is reputed that Jimi didn't.

Have owned over a dozen copies of both albums over the years. IMHO, the best fidelity prior to this is MoFi 1/2 speed White Album in the "reel box" sleeves (The Collection.) Perhaps the best sounding Electric Ladyland is UK 2 LP or German 2 x CD, both with the aforementioned cover.

It's going to be a fun weekend.

The Beatles - The Beatles (6 CD/1 BD Super Duper Helter Skelter set)

phew that was cutting it fine! i thought it was never gonna turn up!! :p its arrived too late in the day to play it now and whinge on about it, i mean critique the 5.1, of course (!) :ROFLMAO:
but a couple of immediate things, the book presentation of the set is quite different from the Sgt.Pepper's SDE (and in a way, even though they could've never done Pepper's iconic cover justice scaled down so it worked for that album, i think i prefer this book style, it looks really nice, with the plastic slipcase and all.. and is it a hefty old weight, “who needs the gym yer dumbbell”..!! :LOL:).. the outer cartons got a date on it looks like its been sat in a warehouse since it was manufactured for like 6 weeks or something.. oh and it musta been a big warehouse cos it looks like they made fookin' zillions of these, mine is number 93,754..!! o_O

7GmD9Nz.jpeg

Ct30ZLu.jpeg

"they're back in the S.U.R.R.O.U.N.D..! we don't know how lucky we are boys (and girls!..!!" woo!!! :LB

Ooh, been fence sitting on this one..a Fred review be cool ta.

gerroff the fence! you'll get splinters! (and besides we need the wood!) it'll be a five point one fredbluereview only, i can't accom 7.1 nowadays let alone atmos but if 5.1 suffices i'll report back with findings later in the week.

Back