New Toto Remasters (with Elliot Scheiner)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a huge Toto fan, as you can guess. My eyes bulged out of my head for the price of the box set & thought i couldn't really justify that kind of cost, but i know i would regret it more if i didn't order it, so treated myself.

"40 Trips Around The Sun", is excellent & i've never heard the old songs sound this good. I'm excited to hear the albums in their entirety. Not forgetting the new songs, on "Old Is New!". I assume this will get a seperate release on CD / LP ?

I just took a look at my Amazon “Wish List” and didn’t recognize the first item. Check out the weird placeholder they have for the CD-only version of Toto’s “All In” box! :p
45B20A2B-FDAD-4B59-9970-8A0A076B666D.png

Ah, okay. Yeah - I got “40 Trips Around the Sun” on CD.

I signed up for the free trial (CD quality) on Tidal today. I’m listening to it for the first time. Wow! Spanish Sea sounds like TOTO IV, Fahrenheit and The Seventh One. Is it me? Or, is this band keep getting better every time they release new songs. I always liked Bobby Kimball (I personally met him) but Joseph Williams sounds phenomenal compared to when he was in the band previously as lead vocalist (Fahrenheit - The Seventh One). I’m so happy he’s back and has weathered his addiction problems. (y)

I signed up for the free trial (CD quality) on Tidal today. I’m listening to it for the first time. Wow! Spanish Sea sounds like TOTO IV, Fahrenheit and The Seventh One. Is it me? Or, is this band keep getting better every time they release new songs. I always liked Bobby Kimball (I personally met him) but Joseph Williams sounds phenomenal compared to when he was in the band previously as lead vocalist (Fahrenheit - The Seventh One). I’m so happy he’s back and has weathered his addiction problems. (y)

I couldn’t agree more! I think they are on the top of their game, and I think it’s a shame that anyone writes them off as has beens simply because they haven’t had a hit in twenty years.

Chewing gum while trying to sing? Now, that’s talent! :LOL:

I noticed his voice has been waning over the past few years. That could be why he’s no longer in the band. o_O
Yeah, and to be fair, that could have just been a particularly bad rehearsal. I just remembered seeing that a while back and thought I'd post it to be a bit of a troll. :devilish:

This is for the CD version. Did you notice the artist and title? Dorothy instead of Toto, "Out" instead of "All In"?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows but in case someone doesn't, Toto is Dorothy's dog in The Wizard of Oz

Since it's a pre-order I'm guessing this is just an amazon bot that categorizes and sorts thing for the website and since bots are non-thinking humans the bot just made an humanly illogical connection but a perfectly valid machine code connection.

Last edited:
I hope you all realize that it wasn't Toto in that video, that it was their former lead vocalist with a group of other guys, and that he hasn't been in Toto for about 10 years. I agree that seeing someone who used to be in Toto singing a song he sang with Toto doesn't help their reputation, but I urge any of you who are slightly interested to look farther and find that they are presently a killer band.

Here is a sample of what Toto currently sounds like. The guitarist and both keyboardists are original members, and the vocalist was with them from 1986-1988 and returned in 2010. That’s also the legendary Lenny Castro back there on percussion.

Great!!
Curious cause I remember I found some live Toto from the Turn Back tour and they were a MESS!!!!! Voices were a disaster!!!

Back