• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pink Floyd - Animals in 5.1 (news from Roger Waters himself)

César

800 Club - QQ All Star

fizzywiggs41

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Cool, news, for a cool album requiring additionally cool surround mix .

Hey...thanks Roger (and all involved) . This Pink Floyd fan of many decades loves this offering.

Please keep 'em coming. I for one would love a COMPLETE SURROUND TREATMENT for all Floyd albums...but I'll take what I can get.
I just knew Roger was a surround maven and of course a quad maven, a good man to have around, me thinks.

Last edited:

sjcorne

400 Club - QQ All Star
Great news! I figured the conflict over the Early Years box put the kibosh on any future Floyd surround mixes, so it's good to hear that's not the case.

Roger's involvement probably means it will probably be a Guthrie mix though- can't say I'm thrilled with his track record, but maybe he's getting more adventurous.

The real coup would be if they dig up the unreleased Animals quad mix (I would assume done by Brian Humphries for Columbia SQ LP/Q8 Tape release, if it does in fact exist) and throw it in...

Last edited:

César

800 Club - QQ All Star
My craziest dreams boxset for Animals would include:
- 5.1 mix and quad mix (if it ever was made)
- 77 tour soundboard/s
- Any footage that exists (there seems to be very few indeed)
- Cleaned up extraction tapes
- POTW with Snowy White's solo
All packaged in a couple of Blu-rays inside a box similar to the last couple of David's releases.

Or... the lunatics augmented edition, with The Wall, Animals and The Final Cut in 5.1. I don't think I need any other extras :)

proufo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
My craziest dreams boxset for Animals would include:
- 5.1 mix and quad mix (if it ever was made)
Atmos with pig oinks floating above! Or at least 6.1 and instructions on how to set up a speaker above your head.

No marbles, but an inflatable pig balloon in the ultra boxset.