• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 SACD Acoustic Sounds 2018

vinylguy4

500 Club - QQ All Star
Page 2 of their Winter 2017 catalog shows Pink Floyd DSOTM and WYWH release for stereo and 5.1 SACD - coming soon. I am assuming it would be the previously released 5.1 mixes, not the quad mixes.

bmoura

Friendly Moderator
Staff member
Any reason to get these considering they've been released already ( different mastering,mixes etc.) ?
Given that both Surround SACDs are out of print at the moment and some PF and Surround SACD fans may not own copies, a reissue makes a lot of sense.

Much as Acoustic Sounds did with the Creedence Clearwater Revival SACDs. They were reissued after going out of print ($30 each), along with a release on Stereo DSD Download ($24.98 each).
That was a successful move for Acoustic Sounds sales-wise. I'm sure this one will be as well.

EHughes

Given that both Surround SACDs are out of print at the moment and some PF and Surround SACD fans may not own copies, a reissue makes a lot of sense.

Much as Acoustic Sounds did with the Creedence Clearwater Revival SACDs. They were reissued after going out of print ($30 each), along with a release on Stereo DSD Download ($24.98 each).
That was a successful move for Acoustic Sounds sales-wise. I'm sure this one will be as well.
Yea, makes sense. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to buy them again.:)

JediJoker

Audio Engineer/Enthusiast
That might be the case. Will have to wait until the release date draws closer to learn more on what is planned.
I can't imagine these are anything but represses of the existing masters. If you have the previous SACD releases, chances are the only thing you might be missing out on is some new packaging/artwork (but nothing brand-new from the dearly departed Storm Thorgerson).

GOS

GOS 3.0
OK, I am totally losing my mind. I saw this thread and I thought...wait a minute...don't I already own this??? So, I go to my NAS drive...and huh? It's not there......so I go to my shelf....and....there it is. SACD of Wish You Were Here.

Um.....what's the deal? lmao....
I realize I sometimes get confused about all this stuff...but I don't get it. (I also don't get how I missed ripping what I own already...unless it accidentally got deleted)

Which frightens the hell out of me by the way.

halbroome

(I also don't get how I missed ripping what I own already...unless it accidentally got deleted)

Exactly why I prefer physical copies (although they sometimes get misplaced and I find myself in a tizzy for an hour looking for them and have even bought dupes before <shame>).

Clint Eastwood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
OK, I am totally losing my mind. I saw this thread and I thought...wait a minute...don't I already own this??? So, I go to my NAS drive...and huh? It's not there......so I go to my shelf....and....there it is. SACD of Wish You Were Here.

Um.....what's the deal? lmao....
I realize I sometimes get confused about all this stuff...but I don't get it. (I also don't get how I missed ripping what I own already...unless it accidentally got deleted)

It's easy to miss some titles...I don't think you have a drive problem...

4-earredwonder

So I suppose they won't be releasing a 5.1 hybrid SACD of Animals, then. Acoustic Sounds usually announce titles well in advance....and then the never-ending countdown .... begins:eek:

4-earredwonder

I cringe everytime I see prices like this and think of Marshall....I wish he would have made it:(
Clinty, I saw that at Acoustic Sounds and smirked. Someday, those AF titles will also command astronomical eBay prices, as well. Which points to: Buy 'em upon release or suffer the consequences. ALL Hi Res 5.1/4.0 releases are LIMITED EDITIONS, irregardless of format!