Pink Floyd DSOTM & WYWH 5.1 Surround SACD Reissues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 2 from MusicDirect (chicago area,close to me fast shipping) with a 15% off code it came to
29.74 each. I opted to spend the money I saved with the code and went with the FedEx ground. Decided not to go with importcd cause of their unreliably slow shipping.
Good idea. In my experience ImportCD has been RELIABLY slow.

Importcds can be slow on shipping compare to other online retailers (some, not all). I never had a problem with them with my multiple orders through the years and their prices are very competitive and close to the best in the market.

One thing I would like for them to improve?

Packaging.

Just my two cents.

Regards,

Last edited:
That's why I am interested in how it works with importcds as they collect the vat don't see why any other charges are applicable and it works out at 42$ including Air mail so around £34

That's why I am interested in how it works with importcds as they collect the vat don't see why any other charges are applicable and it works out at 42$ including Air mail so around £34
I ordered two SACDs from Acoustic Sounds, they will only post a minimum order of $50 to the UK. Total including postage ($30) was $90 which was £69.72 at the time. Then a few days after the excellent delivery FedEx sent me an invoice for £26.02, £14.02 was for VAT. Checking my bank statement I also found that I had been charged £1.52 transfer fee for the sterling to dollar exchange. So two $30 discs cost me £48.63 each.

Working on that basis WYWH would cost £27.38 plus VAT so £32.18 plus a collection fee of £12 making £44.12 before any postage charges have been applied and the fee for sterling exchange is added. I've just ordered the disc from Amazon UK for £53.90 with free delivery. It would probably cost for than £10 delivery I would imagine, so no cheaper to order from the States.

It was also interesting that in my eagerness to get Simon and Garfunkels Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme I also ordered Cat Stevens' Tea for the Tillerman. Now that just about broke even as Tillerman was trading at a silly price, now buying both on Amazon UK would cost £105.66 but these prices change every week.

There is still some confusion on the Amazon pages on both sides of the pond. The page clearly says vinyl and SACD but when putting the order through it still comes back as vinyl. Looking further down the description it says:
Vinyl (28 Dec 2018)
Number of discs: 1
Format: Hybrid SACD
Other editions: Audio CD/Vinyl

Although I've ordered and cancelled once because of the confusion I'm going to take a chance and re-order as it's only the SACD that's being released on that date. Don't want to miss the boat again and have to pay the secondary price in a few months.

There is still some confusion on the Amazon pages on both sides of the pond. The page clearly says vinyl and SACD but when putting the order through it still comes back as vinyl. Looking further down the description it says:
Vinyl (28 Dec 2018)
Number of discs: 1
Format: Hybrid SACD
Other editions: Audio CD/Vinyl

Although I've ordered and cancelled once because of the confusion I'm going to take a chance and re-order as it's only the SACD that's being released on that date. Don't want to miss the boat again and have to pay the secondary price in a few months.

Acoustic Sounds is showing the Surround Sound SACD re-release as being available on December 28, 2018.
Whether Amazon will have it on that date - or later on - remains to be seen. :)

Wish You Were Here - Reissued SACD.png

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/133316/Pink_Floyd-Wish_You_Were_Here-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

Back