HiRez Poll RUSH - A FAREWELL TO KINGS (40TH ANNIVERSARY STEVEN WILSON 5.1 MIX) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of RUSH - A FAREWELL TO KINGS (40TH ANNIVERSARY STEVEN WILSON 5.1 MIX)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I am not a Rush fan my buddy Mike tried his hardest just could not get passed Getty voice until this CD which change d everything for me.
I call this one of my reference 5.1 cds when friends come over I love to play this. Steven Wilson did an amazing job of mixing it and still continue to go back to this from time to time it is that good. I am giving it a 10. I do like Rush as musicians they are extremely talented and for me Farewell to kings is what a good discrete surround should sound like.

Anybody else notice the needle drop in the first 4 seconds of the first song? The source for this Blu-ray disc is evidently a LP/Vinyl. I also hear this on the 2015 remaster...

Last edited:
Are you saying this Blu-ray is not sourced from a LP/Vinyl?
The 2015 remaster was sourced from the original stereo master tape, transferred and mastered by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios. The 5.1 remix was completed using digital transfers of the original multitrack tapes. No vinyl in the chain, unless it was used back when the album was originally recorded and mixed.

Back