HiRez Poll RUSH - SIGNALS (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION) [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of RUSH - SIGNALS (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Finally listened to it and I am dumbfounded….
first of all , the overall sound is quite different from the original release and it somehow feels like it’s playing at a different speed too.
Once we get to Digital man, the synths overpower everything else, the bass, gtr and drums seem to vanish; one thing is to try to spotlight stuff that was not in the open but not at the cost of the rest of the elements.
The reverbs are all wrong too…
Trust me, I really wanted to love this ATMOS mix but , alas…it is doing the opposite….
It may be quite harsh to say it but this mix shows me how NOT to do an ATMOS mix.
So interesting how a DIEHARD Rush fan, like me, can have such an opposite experience.
It's almost like Atmos listening (for a classic album with a well-known original mix) is completely subjective, and probably dependent on one's system, mood, expectations, diet. etc...

So interesting how a DIEHARD Rush fan, like me, can have such an opposite experience.
It's almost like Atmos listening (for a classic album with a well-known original mix) is completely subjective, and probably dependent on one's system, mood, expectations, diet. etc...
Yes. I think it sounds great. I started with the streaming version through an Oppo, in 5.1, and I thought that was great. Then I decoded the stream, and it was an improvement. Then finally the lossless Blu-ray version decoded to 4.0.4.

True, and owning an awesome GOLDEN beast, like Lamar makes my listening experience even better. I still stand by my vote, I really enjoy it!

Of course , it's great that ou guys enjoy it, cause the same thing has happened to me with other releases...
Sorry for the "typical" reply but here it goes; SW would have done it totally different.

As an audio engineer, and knowing what I know about remixing to MCH , you have to EMULATE the original Stereo mix as best as you can and this MCH remix is not doing so on many levels...just sayin'...that's why I mention that SW cause he would have honored the original mix as best as possible like he did in AFTK...

I unwrapped my copy of Signals. I'm not going to go into detail. This is a rock and roll release. Monster.......
Ten
I visit this Atmos title often. Listening again right now. Seriously, I think this is just awesome. The fidelity is stupid good, which is half the battle. I just cannot change my vote. Still a 10. I simply cannot get hung up on if certain sounds are in certain speakers. I just can't go there. For me, it's the whole ball of wax...does it move me? Is it better than stereo? Is my listening space filled up? Can I tell which speaker has which passage? (hopefully, no)

This particular release is simply a GIANT rock and roll record. Killer

I visit this Atmos title often. Listening again right now. Seriously, I think this is just awesome. The fidelity is stupid good, which is half the battle. I just cannot change my vote. Still a 10. I simply cannot get hung up on if certain sounds are in certain speakers. I just can't go there. For me, it's the whole ball of wax...does it move me? Is it better than stereo? Is my listening space filled up? Can I tell which speaker has which passage? (hopefully, no)

This particular release is simply a GIANT rock and roll record. Killer
my vote was a straight 10 also. Just a pure killer rock album

Back