Santana - All the Quads (and 5.1 releases)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quad Linda said:
US SQ has an embossed front cover. SQ Quadraphonic is on OBI strip.

The front cover of the SQ Welcome has NO QUAD MARKINGS. The spine has the PCQ prefix. The Q designates Quad. I have posted a photo of the Quad OBI strip somewhere here. No, it's not on the Welcome poll thread. My Welcome SQ is mint, replete with the OBI strip which says SQ Quadraphonic. Perhaps in a few months when I get settled in my new home, I can scan and upload that OBI strip. No US SQ has a gold printed "Welcome" on the front cover, only the embossed "Welcome." Gold printed "Welcome" are later 2ch pressings. I love the Welcome packaging, though it is impractical. Likely Santana demanded the deluxe package. The labels themselves rarely chose this treatment themselves, since it costs more $$$ per unit.

In Quad/5.1 and 2ch CD, I'm complete on Santana. I've had a Q8 of all but a few, and an SQ of all of them. They are all wonderful musically, with the possible exception of Illuminations. Most of them have superb mixes, as well.

Great, now I will have to spend more time looking at copies of Welcome untill I get a quad one.

The front cover may have only been indicated by an obi, but it's printed directly on the back cover.

R3619-4.jpg
R3619-5.jpg

Back