Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know specifically what differences there are in the different versions of AutoScript. I used the one @beerking listed early in the thread for the Sony, and the newer one for the Oppo. For both I used the latest version of sacdextract.
Anyway both are ripping SACD.
I had a lot of problems ripping with the RussOppo a while back and gave up on it after finally getting a few successful rips and then was fully caught up on my SACD ripping. I figured it was a fluke, considering scripting is supposedly disabled in the firmware. But I need to do more testing with the Oppo, i.e. some more rips. If they go off smoothly then I'll be happy. Other than 4K playback the Oppo is truly very versatile with the Russian firmware, and ripping SACD is the icing on the cake.
But the cheap Sony S590 will remain as a "fallback" ripper. I'll keep it "in the rack" and powered as I do two of the Oppo's to keep the juice flowing.
I have 5 more Vocallion SACD's in transit so a good opportunity for more testing.
Again this thread has been great to refresh on all things SACD ripping and a boon for my "C.R.S" old brain. Thanks to all for the advice and tips.

Hi All, it has been a while since I ripped a sacd using sacdextractgui. It has worked all the way up until today. I ping the port and it is accessible, but i continue to get the following "error" mesage during ripping, with no ISO generated.

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.68.83:2002 for reading

Any help would be appreciated

MacOS 14.4.1 (M1 Macbook air)

Kind regards,
Mark

Hi All, it has been a while since I ripped a sacd using sacdextractgui. It has worked all the way up until today. I ping the port and it is accessible, but i continue to get the following "error" mesage during ripping, with no ISO generated.

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.68.83:2002 for reading

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards,
Mark
I suspect the latest Mac OS upgrade is the culprit.

This is the problem.

I suspect the latest Mac OS upgrade is the culprit.

It is, and no indication as to exactly why or how to fix. A Java fix has already been pushed, however that doesn't seem to resolve this so I'm guessing there is some sort of new Apple top secret permissions thing preventing the use of an unsigned application.

This is the problem.

It is, and no indication as to exactly why or how to fix. A Java fix has already been pushed, however that doesn't seem to resolve this so I'm guessing there is some sort of new Apple top secret permissions thing preventing the use of an unsigned application.
@SACD_ripper do you know of any alternative apps for MacOS that work like sacdextractgui? thanks

@SACD_ripper do you know of any alternative apps for MacOS that work like sacdextractgui? thanks

It's not the GUI itself that is the problem, or at least not by the looks of there already having been a Java fix/update pushed. SACDExtractGUI is just a Java-based front end graphical user interface tool that allows you to point and click as opposed to issue commands on a CLI.
The problem appears to be with running or executing an unsigned application, that being sacd_extract.
I guess there could still be some remaining incompatibility with the Java applet itself, however it was bad news to see that rips also fail with macOS 14.4 when using the CLI, which has nothing to do with Java or use of any GUI.

Back