Steven Wilson: "Home Invasion - In concert at the Royal Albert Hall"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yippee. It arrived today. Will sit back with sum malt whisky later and relive this fantastic show.

Update

Ah..my ears and eyes will have to wait until much laters..as there are 2 footie games to watch.

Arsenal v Liverpool
Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur.

But deff worth the wait!!

Last edited:
Is there really a god?...if so, he/she has manifested into a new heaven of musicality.
My fellow QQ'rs you will not be disappointed with this live show.
It's everything and more you would expect from the wizard of surround music.
My smile is as broad as the rapidly disappearing glass of Scottish nectar will allow.
I wont bang on any more, apart from my head!!

JUST BUY IT

Of course I'm very biased, so not all of you will fully agree with me but this is one of the best £14.99's I've spent in a while.

And its good night from me....slightly intoxicated after nearly 2 1/2 hours of sipping whisky and listening/watching this gem.

I couldn't think of a lovelier Home Invader than Steve Wilson....especially when you're feeling tipsy!

Steven-Wilson-2015.jpg

My kind of Review, can't wait

That was not Eagle Rock decision to make that kind of "artsy" editing, but Steven Wilson, you can hear it on interviews...
Right you are! I just watched an interview at the premier and he says exactly that. I knew he had a hand in it, but I assumed it would be more on the audio end. Generally speaking, I never liked that type of editing for concert videos. On the other hand, I can watch GG's The Power and The Glory over and over and never get tired of the visuals. I think part of it is being able to see how a musician is creating that sound in a live setting, and being able to appreciate how good the players are. Watching Guthrie Govan play in some of the past videos was incredible and to obscure that with editing effects would have been criminal. But that's just me. I'll eventually succumb to all the positive reviews and have to buy it, if only for the audio.

Right you are! I just watched an interview at the premier and he says exactly that. I knew he had a hand in it, but I assumed it would be more on the audio end. Generally speaking, I never liked that type of editing for concert videos. On the other hand, I can watch GG's The Power and The Glory over and over and never get tired of the visuals. I think part of it is being able to see how a musician is creating that sound in a live setting, and being able to appreciate how good the players are. Watching Guthrie Govan play in some of the past videos was incredible and to obscure that with editing effects would have been criminal. But that's just me. I'll eventually succumb to all the positive reviews and have to buy it, if only for the audio.
Just buy it already. No point resisting :)

I watched this in full yesterday and it's absolutely fantastic. The audio mix is superb, the editing is generally excellent and the video quality is top notch (I didn't notice any bad encoding issues on the main show and the black levels are some of the best I've seen).

For those worrying about the "arty" editing, don't be as it only happens a couple of times and it never out stays it's welcome. I'd say at least 85% is edited normally. Some of the camera angles are quite unique and I liked how at times it was well framed so that you could see multiple band members in the same shot. There are no fast cutting either apart from a few select "arty" moments.

The only negative for me is how badly encoded the rehearsal tracks are. Lots of jaggies across straight lines such as mic stands, guitar necks, etc. I never saw this in the main show so its weird how it crops up in the extras.

I didn't expect it to get this low on stock so quickly from amazon so I went ahead and ordered the 2CD/Blu-Ray edition from Burning Shed this morning, even though I have no intention of opening the set until after I see his show in person in Nashville on December 10th.

(BTW, the poll is coming up very soon!)

:)

I didn't expect it to get this low on stock so quickly from amazon so I went ahead and ordered the 2CD/Blu-Ray edition from Burning Shed this morning, even though I have no intention of opening the set until after I see his show in person in Nashville on December 10th.

(BTW, the poll is coming up very soon!)

:)
Nor did I. I am trying to decide where to place another order from.... Moose says Nov 16....wonder if that is accurate considering Amazon now says 1-2 months??

Nor did I. I am trying to decide where to place another order from.... Moose says Nov 16....wonder if that is accurate considering Amazon now says 1-2 months??
Look at the bright side. You may, or may not, get it by Christmas. And, if you don’t get it by Christmas, you’ll get it by New Years. Unless, of course, Amazon changes that time frame. :ROFLMAO:

OK, so I contacted Amazon US, and they said there was an issue with delivery date for me order...they told me to cancel and reorder and it would get shipped out tomorrow. They promised that I would get a refund for the difference as the new order is a couple dollars higher than my "pre-order".

:SB

So, it arrives Wednesday! Whoop

Back