Steven Wilson: "Home Invasion - In concert at the Royal Albert Hall"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I contacted Amazon US, and they said there was an issue with delivery date for me order...they told me to cancel and reorder and it would get shipped out tomorrow. They promised that I would get a refund for the difference as the new order is a couple dollars higher than my "pre-order".:SB

So, it arrives Wednesday! Whoop

Gene, from order looks like you ordered just the bluray is that right?

Not sure why but in Canada I only saw the 2 cd/bluray option and amazon.ca never gave a option to buy the bluray only.
The bluray only says b2 region code but I don't think thats right.

I am going to the concert on Nov.15th and might just buy it at concert merch if they are selling it as hopefully thats more money for SW.

Not sure why but in Canada I only saw the 2 cd/bluray option and amazon.ca never gave a option to buy the bluray only.

I am going to the concert on Nov.15th and might just buy it at concert merch if they are selling it as hopefully thats more money for SW.
Well, single blu is what I hope I bought. :)

It's not the first time that Amazon.ca put a misleading info about the region code (Neal Morse blu-ray, Pineapple thief blu-ray). They get their info from Amazon UK who also list an all regions blu-ray region 2.

I didn't get a postcard.
OK lets see if they got the forum code figured out:
6qi3omc.jpg

First gig of the Australia / NZ tour begins tonight in Brisbane! Obviously, I have yet to have this Bluray in my hands but having already experienced the performance firsthand, I already know it's that damn good! Still looking forward to seeing it all over again, as I undoubtedly will enjoy this tour as a whole.

To think, this Bluray will likely end up on the merchandise stands that I could have had SW sign the thing without having to wait for it to arrive in the mail, lol. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

No matter what I say going forward.....have no doubt. This is a great disc, and a pretty good representation of what I saw. But, some observations, and not meant to be disrespectful as I don't know what it's like to go to concerts across the pond.

I saw this show in Chicago. The immediate thing I notice (and it could be editing for all I know) is that in Chicago, there was a ton more crowd energy. Really night and day I guess. When Steven came out, it was like a rock star was on stage...and I know he could feel it. I felt it. The crowd felt it. Maybe it's because he plays way more venues in the UK compared to US. I dunno. I was simply in awe of him and it sure seemed the crowd felt the same way. Also, way more relaxed what I saw, with more humor from Steven. He engaged the crowd, I didn't notice that in this disc. Again, could be editing......

Finally, when I saw him, the crowd was totally head banging....similar to some older Porcupine Tree videos I've seen. AnyHOO. Just some harmless observations.

I love this disc, it totally rocks if you want to crank it. Wonderful......but I'm biased. :)

Last edited:
No matter what I say going forward.....have no doubt. This is a great disc, and a pretty good representation of what I saw. But, some observations, and not meant to be disrespectful as I don't know what it's like to go to concerts across the pond.

I saw this show in Chicago. The immediate thing I notice (and it could be editing for all I know) is that in Chicago, there was a ton more crowd energy. Really night and day I guess. When Steven came out, it was like a rock star was on stage...and I know he could feel it. I felt it. The crowd felt it. Maybe it's because he plays way more venues in the UK compared to US. I dunno. I was simply in awe of him and it sure seemed the crowd felt the same way. Also, way more relaxed what I saw, with more humor from Steven. He engaged the crowd, I didn't notice that in this disc. Again, could be editing......

Finally, when I saw him, the crowd was totally head banging....similar to some older Porcupine Tree videos I've seen. AnyHOO. Just some harmless observations.

I love this disc, it totally rocks if you want to crank it. Wonderful......but I'm biased. :)
Did you notice how during one song (I forget which) there was ONE GUY standing and grooving in the front row in many of the camera shots, while every other person was sitting? it made me wonder if everyone was told to sit except that one guy, who was intentionally part of the camera shots...

Did you notice how during one song (I forget which) there was ONE GUY standing and grooving in the front row in many of the camera shots, while every other person was sitting? it made me wonder if everyone was told to sit except that one guy, who was intentionally part of the camera shots...
There's always one! [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

If the cameras panned round to the side of the stalls, they may have caught one more!!

:51QQ

As there was a bit of dad dancing going on....:QQlove:QQlove

Mine arrived fromDeep Discount a few days ago but I've just not had the time to watch the Blu-ray yet - I hope maybe tomorrow. I did get the cd's ripped onto the ol' iPod that I use in the car so I've been getting a feel for the performance - I'm going to enjoy the show when I finally get to watch it I think, sounds very good.

Back