Steven Wilson: "Home Invasion - In concert at the Royal Albert Hall"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the clips on his facebook page, I cancelled my order. I'll be waiting to hear the reviews here before I reconsider purchasing it. The low cal, light beer version of Steven is just not doing it for me. I realize the set list is much more extensive than just the last album, but not sure the current musicians on tour with him will deliver the goods on the songs that I do like.

I got shipping notice from Deep Discount this morning - I'm sometimes wary with them on pre-order stuff but lately they've always come through. Doubt it'll arrive for this weekend but just maybe it'll get here for my birthday next week?

Amazon US...BASTAGES! I've had this on pre-order basically the day I saw it.....always said Nov 2 release date. UGH. Today I look, and it now says out of stock.

Hmmmm, I ordered from The Shark yesterday and used my $5 off coupon reducing the price of the BD~V/2 RBCDs to $16.49, delivered and they had it in stock at the time. Now they're showing it as BACKORDERED:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/home-invasion-in-concert-at-the-royal-albert-hall/5051300536473

BTW, Gene, with tax, my price @ AmazonUS would've been $28.98 ...... but they do state it will be shipped in one or two days... so sit tight.

Last edited:
After watching Vermillioncore on SW's YouTube channel, I think I'm going to wait on this. The "special effects" just totally ruin this song. I've seen this show live and it doesn't need any "artsy" editing to increase it's impact, it's that good. I always thought Eagle Rock did good work, but not here. I expect a concert video to try to give the viewer the sensation of being at the show, not experience some kind of kaleidoscopic seizure! I'll wait and see what the rest of the show looks like before I buy this. Hopefully it's just this one song.

As one of those lucky overseas travellers who got to see all 3 shows at the Albert Hall back in March, I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up. Currently in the mail along with Opeth's Garden of the Titans Bluray and The Moody Blues In Search of the Lost Chord 50th.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

After watching Vermillioncore on SW's YouTube channel, I think I'm going to wait on this. The "special effects" just totally ruin this song. I've seen this show live and it doesn't need any "artsy" editing to increase it's impact, it's that good. I always thought Eagle Rock did good work, but not here. I expect a concert video to try to give the viewer the sensation of being at the show, not experience some kind of kaleidoscopic seizure! I'll wait and see what the rest of the show looks like before I buy this. Hopefully it's just this one song.

This may not alter your perception but here's a great review of Home Invasion from blu~ray.com https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stev...-the-Royal-Albert-Hall-Blu-ray/215296/#Review

At the very least, it's one of the few concerts in 96/24 5.1 surround and the audio did receive 5 enthusiastic stars so if you tire of watching the video, at least you have that superb SW remixed soundtrack!

And the price @ Deep Discount which includes the two RBCDs is VERY reasonable: https://www.deepdiscount.com/home-invasion-in-concert-at-the-royal-albert-hall/5051300536473

My kind of Review, can't wait

That was not Eagle Rock decision to make that kind of "artsy" editing, but Steven Wilson, you can hear it on interviews...

Wouldn’t it be great if we could have these concert blu ray releases with different viewing options as well as audio options; for example, as well as the fully edited film, there could be options to view the whole concert from just one or two viewpoints (say near the stage and further back) so it would be more like when you’re actually there . It would only need two fixed cameras to do this, but perhaps it’s not as simple as it sounds....

Back