The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they could release something similar to "3 Piece Suite" for those 3 albums with the missing multis?

They could, but full sets of tapes have turned up since they started this endeavor almost 6 years ago, so I would rather them wait it out and continue to search for the missing tapes.
They could always remix records like "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star" in the meantime, cause I assume those tapes/files are all present and available, or like I said earlier, maybe they could remix the Dukes instead!
I hope for the latter, but I'm ok with the former too.

:)

I was afraid this might be the case. Very unfortunate as the XTC releases have been the highlight of every fall season for me for the last five years. However with Imagine, The White Album, Electric Ladyland, In Search of the Lost Chord, This Was, and everything else that's coming before the end of the year, it's not like I won't have plenty of music to keep me in the sweet spot. (Not to mention the hit my savings account will be taking!) Bring on The Dukes! I would love to hear "Mole From the Ministry" in surround!
Agreed. And the XTC release would have been the best value for money. :) Plus I am still trying to get through all the Dutton Vocalion discs I bought this year. :51QQ

No Mummer? Bummer!

OTOH, like you other guys are saying, this gives me a chance to catch up. I still don't have Oranges & Lemons and Nonsuch, although neither of them are among my favourite XTC albums.
A Dukes surround release would be my preferred next release, but Apple Venus would be great too.

Andy, Steven, English Settlement in 2-channel Hi-Res would be killer.
Sincerely, whatever tapes you have from anything would sell the same & be loved the same by your fans.
We've been blessed by what you boys have accomplished so far, releases that set the Diamond Standard for all other releases including The Beatles.
Please release whatever you have.
Partial XTC is way better than no XTC.

Andy, Steven, English Settlement in 2-channel Hi-Res would be killer.
A HiRes version is all well and good but have you listened to the 16/44.1 Redbook (Compact Disc) version that was released a couple years ago? It’s killer too and may have you not wanting anything more except for a surround version. :LOL:

I'll buy anything in surround of XTC. The big hit of 2017 and QQ was awesome in promoting surround od XTC.
Sorry for typos but I'm stoned and drunk.

Wish I was... I'm trying to download an Ubuntu .iso, and apparently their server is located somewhere in 1993. It's like watching a caterpillar cross the road.

Q: Why did the caterpillar cross the road?

A: So the chicken wouldn't eat him.

(See what I mean? This would be way funnier if I was baked.)

Yes it is frustrating that we’re still waiting for the next title to be announced. However, I was encouraged looking at the inner sleeves of the new XTC vinyl releases. They contain a discography listing the available formats for each title. Most also include a plus sign indicating “further releases planned for 2019/2020.” In fact the only two titles, including the Dukes projects, that don’t contain a plus sign are Skylarking and English Settlement. It would appear that Andy would ultimately like to make the whole catalog available in vinyl, CD and Blu-Ray. I’m so pleased that he’s taken such an active role. I’m pretty hopeful that we’ll eventually get a surround release for every title in which the master tapes can be obtained.

Y...“further releases planned for 2019/2020.” In fact the only two titles, including the Dukes projects, that don’t contain a plus sign are Skylarking and English Settlement. .

Doesn't sound like we will be seeing a 5.1 mix of English Settlement any time soon... :cry:

Back