The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also this:
XTCnoMummer.jpg

Yep. Here's to hoping that everything they CAN find eventually gets the deluxe treatment.

But THREE albums have missing tapes? Yikes. I wonder how much is missing? Maybe it will be possible to either use upmixing or leave a couple of tracks in stereo if there's only one or two songs missing? (This has been done before---thinking of "Songs from the Big Chair" and "...And Then There Were Three".)

But even if they can never be released in 5.1, I do hope they release deluxe sets anyway just of all the bonus tracks and to round out the collection!

But here's to some good luck trying to find the tapes and in the meantime bring on The Dukes, "Apple Venus", "Wasp Star", "Go 2" and "White Music"!

I may have mentioned this before, but what will be good about eventually getting 5.1 releases of both "English Settlement" and "Mummer" (that is if all the tapes can be found) is that this will be the first opportunity to collect together all of the B-sides & extra recordings from those sessions.

For example, for "English Settlement", you have the following tracks that were released on "Rag & Bone Buffet": "Heaven Is Paved With Broken Glass", "Punch & Judy", "Tissue Tigers (The Arguers)", & "Blame the Weather", plus there's also "Cockpit Dance Mixture" (a dance remix of "Down in the Cockpit") and "Egyptian Solution" (one of the 'Homo Safari' tracks)

Then, for "Mummer", besides the 6 bonus tracks that were included on the remastered CD, there were also the following songs that were released on "Rag & Bone Buffet": "The World Is Full Of Angry Young Man" & "Happy Families"

:)

Back