SPOTLIGHT The classical music general discussion thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll wait for a sale
1713269497885.png

View attachment 104533
Grab it!! Here I got you a 99.2% discount. :)
I am already planning what I will do with the $2,745 that I saved!

EDIT The pre-release on Apple Music seems to have nada in the heights, which according to my logic might be an excuse for getting the lossless 5.1 download.

Last edited:
I like BIS surround downloads because they are cheap, match the original recording format better, and are less of a pain then ripping SACDs. That said, this is not encouraging. Recent SACD releases with no surround downloads. They are available in atmos in Apple Musics though.
1714328919386.png

I like BIS surround downloads because they are cheap, match the original recording format better, and are less of a pain then ripping SACDs. That said, this is not encouraging. Recent SACD releases with no surround downloads. They are available in atmos in Apple Musics though.
View attachment 104945
I reached out to the label a few weeks ago to ask whether they'd thought of offering Atmos downloads in MKV format, a la IAA, and got a polite reply that that was an interesting idea, and they'd consider it. I'm not holding my breath. Disappointing to hear about new releases with no 5.0 mix.

I reached out to the label a few weeks ago to ask whether they'd thought of offering Atmos downloads in MKV format, a la IAA, and got a polite reply that that was an interesting idea, and they'd consider it. I'm not holding my breath. Disappointing to hear about new releases with no 5.0 mix.
I wrote them just now, and the very quick response was
We have the surround files, Just let me know if/when you purchase, and we will send these files to you!
I also mentioned atmos and pointed to the recent Audite atmos downloads which are notably inexpensive and in multichannel wav. (I am not 100% I understand the format).

I also mentioned atmos and pointed to the recent Audite atmos downloads which are notably inexpensive and in multichannel wav.
‘multichannel WAV’ sounds like these may actually be ADM masters (unplayable on consumer systems). Can you post a link to the site?

‘multichannel WAV’ sounds like these may actually be ADM masters (unplayable on consumer systems). Can you post a link to the site?
Not much info here
https://audite.de/en/product/CD/97827-j.s_bach_trio_sonatas.html
Also mediainfo for one of the files here
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...out-an-avr-or-bluray.35797/page-2#post-771390
I play them with VOX or Audirana but maybe I am only playing the bed channels? Idk. Other classical places like 2L and TRPTK offer 5.1.4 and 7.14 wav files but theirs seem less mysterious?

Back