HiRez Poll Munyaneza, Dorothee - DOROTHEE MUNYANEZA [DVD-AUDIO]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Dorothee Munyaneza - DOROTHEE MUNYANEZA

• Total voters
Did anyone else receive the "thank you" slip? If so, is that Dorothee's personal sig? If not, the note is still a nice touch. If so, the note is a special touch...
I got one, too. But to me it looks like it's Martin's sig. Did like it anyway. And the large golden Royal stamp as well:)

What a beautiful album! Afro-Pop meets smooth jazz meets Lion King meets Ofra Haza, with great musicianship and Dorothee's impressive voice. The MC is not "out there", but more "integrated" and wonderfully mixed.
Thank you to Martin and Neil, and especially to Dorothee!

I played this last night and really enjoyed it on 1st listen which does not happen too often. I give it a 10 for this alone. Will definately be listening again.
Phil S.

I very like this album. One of my favorite songs is track 5 Iteka (Always and forever). In this song a jaw harp is also beeing played, which instrument is very popular in Hungarian folk music, too. I'm very happy that Martin Russel insisted upon DVD-audio as the release format for this album and this way I could take note of this gem. 10 from me. For the DVD extra I would have appreciated some live video but it's absolutely not a criticism from me.

Just ordered directly from Luminary. :D

Martin, thanks very much for supporting surround music! We appreciate your efforts and I'm looking forward to this title. Based on comments so far, it should be great!

Ordered from Luminary and it arrived very quickly and was very reasonable as far as price goes. I didn't realize this was a cd + dvd-audio set until it arrived, what a bonus :banana:. I'd already listened to the two song "taster" download, and that's what convinced me to give this a try. I will edit my post with my impressions of the music and surround once I have a chance to listen a few more times. What I can say is the packaging, content, music and surround are top notch on first listen. I hope Luminary puts out more of these releases. A big 10 for me!

Ordered from Luminary and it arrived very quickly and was very reasonable as far as price goes. I didn't realize this was a cd + dvd-audio set until it arrived, what a bonus :banana:. I'd already listened to the two song "taster" download, and that's what convinced me to give this a try. I will edit my post with my impressions of the music and surround once I have a chance to listen a few more times. What I can say is the packaging, content, music and surround are top notch on first listen. I hope Luminary puts out more of these releases. A big 10 for me!

You should hear it in the Genesis you never bought!!!
;-)

My copy arrived yesterday afternoon :)
I'll be listening later this week and will post comments.

Thanks again, Martin, for this title and finding some new talent.

I would have liked to have given this a 10 just to show support to Luminary for making the committment to surround and DVD Audio - but just wish it was a tad more agressive in the mix so a 9 from me. That having been said it's a lovely world fusion release with superb playing and fidelity - can't wait to hear what comes next from Luminary. Just a suggestion to Martin - an instrumental album of the band from this release would sound fantastic!

I just listened to this tonight. Very nice recording!! While it doesn't scream "QUAD" ;), it is a very well integrated mix with nice balance of sound from all channels. I did find the 1st few songs a little more ambient in nature, but by the time song 4 arrives, the surrounds are all engaged; I really liked the guitar in some songs being placed in space near my head, like listening thru 'phones.

Also, Dorothee's voice is quite lovely. It's not in English, so listen to the vocals not the words ;)

There's a Hidden Gem as an extra not shown on the main menu. This is a hauntingly beautiful ballad of sorts, very simple composition & not much in surrounds, but IMHO the best song on the album for listening to her voice. Don't miss it!

I have to give this a 10 for mix, and 10 for a combination of song & her talent. If you like world-Afro-soft fusion style, I highly recommend this.

Great job, Martin, Neil and most of all Dorothee :D

This one is growing on me. The mix is solid but the real key for me is the sense of joy and energy in the music itself that is expressed through the mix. A wonderful change of pace for my collection. Buy this disc.

Very glad that people seem to be generally liking this - unfortunately, one person liked it so much that they decided to upload and share flac files of it on vasiliska.com (slogan : "We Love Music"). By investigating and contacting the domain owners and the "author" of the uploads I was able to persuade the errant music lover to take down the offending page, for which I thank them....

As I am still able to refer to the names, postal and email addresses of all Luminary Records customers so far, I had a fair idea who did this, and by a combination of appealling to their better nature and the threat of "naming and shaming" was successful in countering our first pirating experience. The speed of the removal of the download page narrows down the time zone and locale of the music lover and has given me an even better confirmation of who and where they are.

Anyone who has read anything about this project will be aware that it as about as far from a corporate venture as it is possible to get. I acknowledge and thank those who have bought the album and registered their support of it via their comments on this forum and on amazon.co.uk - you are the real music lovers!

Martin, I know better than to ask how sales are going. That's your business, not ours. But I'm wondering how much play you're getting, or how the critics are receiving this release. I can't imagine negative reviews of this great album.

Thanks!

I just placed my order, everything went smooth. I am looking forward to hearing this title and hope more releases of DVD Audio music are in the works. Thank you Martin and Neal for your efforts.

I received my discs yesterday and listened to it (3) times. This is a wonderful release that has a excellent mix and content with a Red Book CD for the car as a much welcomed bonus. I do not hesitate in giving this fine release a 10 and look forward to more future releases from Martins' label. As always, Neal did his magic, GREAT work guys!

Or rated the CD for surround by mistake :phones Btw, the lyrics is available somewhere in English?

Or rated the CD for surround by mistake :phones Btw, the lyrics is available somewhere in English?

I am happy to hear the rating was a error, I was worried that someone had BIG problems. No english that I am aware of, but the music and Dorothees' vocals cross the bridge IMHO.

Back