The Four Club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEP!!

Sting and Mike Stern are already in "The Four Club".... It might push a couple more into the club...(y)

I wasn't aware of the Jason Miles: A Love Affair: The Music of Ivan Lins disc until you mentioned it....Thanks!

ah great! Sting & Stern must be well over 4 apiece now!

I read a review of it that said it was great (some Jazz SACD round up, it may have been HighFidelityReview) ages ago and forgot all about it and then while looking for stuff recently I typed in "Telarc SACD" and "Telarc Surround" into various things (like google, eBay, Amazon, the usual places) and somewhere up popped the Ivan Lins again, so I finally bought it and its lovely! I've done a bit of digging around about it the last few days while off for Christmas hols, to see what others thought back in 2005.. but "woosh" it seemed to be a teeny blip on the radar back then sadly and on nobody's radars now!

pretty sure he's on the Tania Maria "Come With Me" SACD..!? (and probably some Steely Dan stuff!?)
Nope - I did check that one... I just double checked the Tania Maria disc... its Portinho (drums, percussion) on that one....:eek:

Not on Steely Surrounds....

Hmm I did check that one... I just double checked the Tania Maria disc... is Portinho (drums, percussion) one and the same???....:eek:

Not on Steely Surrounds....

Oops.. no, he's someone else! :eek:

I think you had Paulinho Da C all covered already without my interference sorry Mike! I'll go to bed now! :D

Paulinho Da Costa:

Dave Koz - The Dance - DVD-A
Eric Clapton - Reptile - DVD-A
Lee Ritenour - 6 String Theory - DVD-V
Talking Heads - True Stories - DVD-A
Miles Davis - Tutu - DVD-A
Seal -Seal - DVD-A
Belinda Carlisle - A Woman & A Man ‎- DTS CD
Dave Grusin - Two for the Road -DVD-A
Diana Krall - The Look Of Love - SACD
Jacintha - The Girl From Bossa Nova - SACD
George Benson & Al Jarreau - Givin' It Up - DVD-V
George Benson - Songs And Stories ‎- DVD-V

Probably more... That's what I found from a quick check... man he's on gazillions of albums!!!!!

Ooh..! Here's one!

Bonnie Raitt's Nick Of Time DVDA! :p

http://www.bonnieraitt.com/discography/liner-notes-nick-time-dvd

Cya!

I noticed earlier that Telarc's Michael Bishop responded to you (in his one and only sa-cd.net discussion thread posting, I might add!) on this very SACD! (y)

where is Mr.Bishop now? that guy has done so many superb surround mixes!! did he ever stop by QQ at all?

I don't remember Michael Bishop stopping by QuadraphonicQuad (he may have). But I did several interviews with him over the years that made there way to High Fidelity Review and were shared here as well.

Another one from listening to Serge Gainsbourg.....

Dave Richmond:
Elton John - Elton John (SACD)
Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson (Blu-ray & DVD-V)
Marvin, Welch & Farrah - Second Opinion (SQ)
Button Down Brass Featuring The Funky Trumpet of Ray Davies - Why Can’t We All Get Together (QS)

Listening to Howard Roberts - Equinox Express Elevator triggered this one :yikes:

Dave Grusin:
Dave Grusin - Two for the Road - DVD-A
Howard Roberts - Equinox Express Elevator - QS LP
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - Act Your Age - DVD
Quincy Jones - Body Heat (Q8) & You've Got It Bad Girl (CD-4)

Listening to Dar Williams - The Beauty Of The Rain (not a bad Silverline - BTW) triggered me to think about this one....

Chris Botti:
Chris Botti - Night Sessions - SACD
Dar Williams - The Beauty Of The Rain - DVD-A - also includes (among others) performances by Bela Fleck, Allison Krauss & John Medeski!!!!
Sting - A Brand New Day & Sacred Love - DVD-A/SACD
Dave Koz - The Dance - DVD-A
Al Jarreau and George Benson - Givin' It Up - DVD (Monster SuperDisc)

Back