Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elton's "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player" - It's an UPMIX, but maybe someday, Greg Penny will get permission from the labels to finish the rest of Elton's earlier work that never made it to DVDA or SACD (Rock of the Westies, Don't Shoot Me and Blue Moves."
EJ_DSM.jpg

Elton's "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player" - It's an UPMIX, but maybe someday, Greg Penny will get permission from the labels to finish the rest of Elton's earlier work that never made it to DVDA or SACD (Rock of the Westies, Don't Shoot Me and Blue Moves."

The 5.1 mixes for those three albums mentioned (and "Caribou") ARE finished.
It's the record label (and probably Elton too) that are holding those mixes back from being released. :mad:

In the Beechwoods 2010 mix from the new Floyd 2 CD set. Upmixed using SpecWeb standard settings. Holy crap, it sounds amazing. Too bad the other songs don't pan out as well. Very few come even close.

Atom Heart Mother (song), early version, live, upmix. Very nice spreading of the performance and a change of pace to the excellent quad mix. Fake quad wise, it equals the "Beechwoods" from the same set.

edit, next... Nothing Pt. 14, Echoes work in progress. Final track on the 2 cd set, box sampler. Wow!

Anything is possible (including some stuff on that compilation being SQ encoded..!) Tracks 1-11 are the "I'm Coming Home" album which was released in Quad (on SQ & Q8) I LOVE that record.. I don't know about the others, maybe stealth Quad or something or just happy coincidence?

That "quad sleuthy" great mind of yours is working well, Freddie/ Adam. Keep on keeping on.;):upthumb

Of course it's gotta be what I prescribed that enlightened your quad curiosity, perhaps.:brew

U2 - Achtung Baby! ...previous upmixes, The Beechwoods, Scream... and Vegetable Man.

UK, the CD with the gig in Boston with Bruford and Holdsworth, the best sounding one of the bunch.....

Now, F Mac, the live CD from the Mirage box set (from 1982!)

Gene Mendalski & The G-Men - Moldie Oldie Golden Goodies.
“The WHO & The WHAT”? you may ask! One of the 5 Grammy nominated Polka albums of 1990! :banana: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Polka_Album
And why would an aging hippie be listening to this album, let alone giving it the SpecWeb treatment to listen to in surround? Well, I am proud to say that my late father was the bassist of the group (playing either a Kay upright double bass or Ampeg Baby Bass, going through an Ampeg B-15, first a tube model then the solid state). This group started in the late 50's and was still going strong in the 90's. Imagine my surprise when I found out there is still a copy of the vinyl LP for sale on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/161-6321028-4161541?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Moldie+Oldie+Golden+Goodies

SpecWeb did a great job with this. At various times the horns, accordian or piano are heard in the rear speakers. :smokin

I did a SPEC Web upmix of The Piper at the Gates of Dawn tonight and listened to it. It ALMOST came out perfect. The process couldn't quite handle the panning at the end of Interstellar Overdrive that lasts a little over 20 seconds, and Bike doesn't sound too great. Other than that, everything else sounds brilliant.

I have enjoyed the mono mix up to this point, but now I like this SpecWeb 5.1 version played back in quad better, other than the two parts I mentioned. Stereo CD of the 40th Anniversary edition is the source I used.

SpecWeb Upmix of Brian Setzer "Christmas Rocks"... fantastic surround mix! Horns in one rear speaker, woodwinds in the other, and background vocals spread across the rears... "The Nutcracker Suite" sounds especially good!

Cheap Trick

"Dream Police"

US LP minty ealy pressing and ClickRepaired..

What a beauty!

hmmmm, wonder what Tom meant by "714".....Rorer or Lemmon???
R-759698-1278376793.jpeg.jpg

The Ventures' Christmas Album SpecWeb Upmix- surprisingly good! Lead guitar and bass up front, rhythm guitar LR, drums & bells RR. One of the greatest Christmas albums ever!!!

Bitches Brew - Miles Davis [Ultra Disc MOFI]

Wonderful, improvised Psychedelic Jazz.....

PL II Very nice indeed...

5512DB1B-1E07-4E51-869C-87A22C668C07.jpg

There is a quad mix of BB that is excellent.

Bitches Brew - Miles Davis [Ultra Disc MOFI]

Wonderful, improvised Psychedelic Jazz.....

PL II Very nice indeed...

5512DB1B-1E07-4E51-869C-87A22C668C07.jpg

Oh, man...you have never heard the Quad mix of this????
It is REALLY out of this world...groundbreaking in every way possible..Miles' trumpet bouncing everywhere!!!

this and Herbie Hancock's "Sextant" are the top notch KRAZY Quad mixes ever!!! (for this kind of music)

Back