Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an excellent disc..BUT...I also purchased the AF version mastered by Kevin Gray and they both sounded the same...it was an experiment...I usually prefer the SHM-SACD'S and it's usually not close...but not in this case...my advice would be to save some cash and buy this one

Thanks to everyone their feedback. I've loved this album since my Dad bought the laser-etched vinyl on release when I was 11.
I was wondering about that SHM comparison. Thanks for the advice, with the Australian exchange rate it could save me a pretty penny!

It's an excellent disc..BUT...I also purchased the AF version mastered by Kevin Gray and they both sounded the same...it was an experiment...I usually prefer the SHM-SACD'S and it's usually not close...but not in this case...my advice would be to save some cash and buy this one

Thanks! I was wondering that myself. I got the AF version. It sounds so good that I couldn't imagine the SHM-SACD sounding that much better.
My mind is at ease now. I can rock in peace. :music

I've never heard the SHM SACD, but the platinum SHM CD I have easily beats the AF SACD. I have both.

Styx 'Paradise Theater', the Kevin Gray/Audio Fidelity version with cardboard slipcase.
Ordered this version after reading advice from here, very happy with my purchase. Great full sounding album.

EDIT : * Sorry, its the Stereo version of course, put this in wrong thread * :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rosset Meyer Geiger - Trialogue

Excellent jazz piano trio. The recording is slightly close and has a warm, natural sound

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgc-_unQNMY

EJ SHM SACD

Attachments

• elton_john_shm_sacd_disk_smaller_still.jpg
    elton_john_shm_sacd_disk_smaller_still.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 108
The Beatles debut on Super Audio CD with their performance of "I'll Follow The Sun" on this new collection from Original Gold/World Star in Hong Kong.
Fun!

View attachment 22322 View attachment 22323

Those Were The Days, Volume 2 - 18 Golden Hits by the Original Artists (Original Gold/Word Star, Hybrid Stereo SACD WMSA-7135)
http://www.yesasia.com/us/those-were-the-days-vol-2-sacd/1044827896-0-0-0-en/info.html#

I'm curious about the sound quality of this release...what is the source used for this SACD?...those are some OLD songs..Bobby Vinton...Connie Francis...Andy Williams...geeze....I've often wondered about the Hong Kong releases...

Looks like there are some 3" CD singles shown on the cover. I hope those aren't the source material for the SACD. Hey Paula ... I like that one.

I'm curious about the sound quality of this release...what is the source used for this SACD?...those are some OLD songs..Bobby Vinton...Connie Francis...Andy Williams...geeze....I've often wondered about the Hong Kong releases...

Like all samplers the source of the tapes is going to vary. This one has some Mono tracks, mostly Stereo.
Fun, I'd rate it above Volume 1 of the series.

Back