Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZBI7EOB.jpg

:smokin

Tonight's randomly generated kick-ass super surround playlist:

Elton John "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road SACD)
Blood, Sweat & Tears "Spinning Wheel" (Blood, Sweat & Tears SACD)
The Doobie Brothers "Without You" (The Captain & Me DVD-A)
Blood, Sweat & Tears "You've Made Me So Very Happy" (Blood, Sweat & Tears SACD)
The Doors "Love Her Madly" (Best of Doors SACD)
Blackfield "How Was Your Ride?" (Blackfield V BD-A)
The Cars "Just What I Needed"
The Mars Volta "L'Via L'Viaquez"
Jethro Tull "Mother Goose" (Aqualung BD-A)
Radiohead "Reckoner"
Lynyrd Skynyrd "Gimme Three Steps" (Southern Surroundings DVD-A)
The Flaming Lips "It's Summertime" (Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots DVD-A)
The Doors "Touch Me" (Best Of Doors SACD)
Rob Reed "Santuary II (Part 1)" (Sanctuary II DVD)
King Crimson "Fallen Angel" (Red DVD-A)
Fleetwood Mac "Save Me A Place" (Tusk DVD)
John Lennon "Watching The Wheels" (Lennon Legend DVD-V)
Jeff Beck Group "I've Been Used" (Rough And Ready SACD)
Avenged Sevenfold "Afterlife"
E.L.P. "Take A Pebble" (ELP DVD-A)

And now it's back to adding more songs to my master Ultimate Surround Playlist! (Finished The Moody Blues last night)

Magenta "We Are Legend"- This is excellent; the surround mix is pure Rob Reed (meaning GREAT!) and the music is melodic progressive rock with lots of old school influences... wonderful!!

Jethro Tull "A Passion Play" and "Chateau Sessions"... these are both new albums to me; I keep trying to listen to Passion, but I keep getting called back to The Chateau... this is a great album! (and mix)... maybe Passion will be a grower...

Some nice chill-out music:

Ju2HI89.jpg

But look at the numbers :yikes The DR for this song is 19 - the album average is 16!! It's the most quiet surround mix I have seen so far, ReplayGain increases the voulume with over 6 dB! Plenty of room for dynamics - just what the DR shows - and this on electronic music!?!?!

Other than that - it's half-rate 48/24 dts.

Edit: Forgot to write that it sounds great too - with a nice active surround-mix.

Bryan Ferry's Frantic [DVD~A 5.1]. A wonderful album with a great surround mix by Bob Clearmountain.:music

Hootie & the Blowfish: Cracked Rear View [DVD~A 5.1] A Great debut album captured in stunning sonics.

Well, my projector started having problems last night so I had to take it in to be fixed today. Have no idea when I'll get it back or how much it will cost. Had to bring my Panny plasma into my HT/listening room for now. Went from a 130" screen down to a 42" like some kind of animal. Been a rough night/day dealing with this, but at least my surround setup still works fine! :music

I need some chill music to relax away the stress. This should do nicely for starters: :smokin :brew

Idlewild_South_cover.jpg

Although I'm sure the upcoming Steven Wilson surround-mix of Misplaced Childhood will sound a lot better than this one I like this one too

mwy1rs.jpg

Aren't there two separate mixes for this album in surround? I've never had the pleasure to listen to either iteration, but wasn't there a 'fake' surround version released on SACD earlier on, and a completely different 'real' surround mix released slightly later on DVD-A, or am I just imagining all of this? :confused:

Aren't there two separate mixes for this album in surround? I've never had the pleasure to listen to either iteration, but wasn't there a 'fake' surround version released on SACD earlier on, and a completely different 'real' surround mix released slightly later on DVD-A, or am I just imagining all of this? :confused:

I think so yeah. The dvd is apparently the better one but I haven't heard it.

The Epic Ayreon - The Source:sun

Source.jpg

I've got Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Prometheus: The Dolby Atmos Experience + Cinematic and Live ordered and on it's way which promises to be even more epic.:mad:@:

Back