Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna wrap my head around two very good SW mixes/performances with his m8.

No Man -Together Were Stranger. And. Schoolyard Ghosts. Excellent DVDA'S both. Mix and Music they are two of my favourites---Demo quality too.

20170427_181306.jpg20170427_181318.jpg

PS If you like surround and don't own them----your missing out 4 sure.

Waiting for that one to arrive in my mailbox - how is it compared to their earlier albums?

I dunno I guess. I haven't honestly listened to Magenta a whole lot in the last couple years. This is pretty "majestic" sounding. I'd say to my ears, it sounds loud...but funny, the DR on the first song is 15. I had to reduce the center channel by 4db to suit my ears....but that's just me.

It's a rocker for sure.

I dunno I guess. I haven't honestly listened to Magenta a whole lot in the last couple years. This is pretty "majestic" sounding. I'd say to my ears, it sounds loud...but funny, the DR on the first song is 15. I had to reduce the center channel by 4db to suit my ears....but that's just me.

It's a rocker for sure.

Thanks Gene, looking forward to listen to it :banana:

Checking out the great Metamorphosis in the meantime:

ixv5HaE.jpg

:smokin

Maurice Abravanel & The Utah Symphony Orchestra - Sibelius - Symphony No. 7 In C, Op. 105 (Vanguard) - DVD-A (Silverline)

I love that symphony, in fact, all of Sibelius' symphonies are simply lovely. :)

Paul Cotton, Firebird, DTS 48Khz 5.1 off a DVD-A, easy menu and lyrics each tune on screen. Great sonics with discrete (full use of all speakers within singer/band) surround. Music is plain.
Edit: Track 5 is not discrete and is all center channel and scratchy. Music is not good enough, boring, eject.

Not yet! https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Quarter...4171421&sr=1-1&keywords=no+quarter+jimmy+page

I just bought one! inc. postage just under £9 from the Netherlands. I had originally recorded it in stereo to DAT from cable TV, and for some reason never bought the DVD. Which is another reason I love QQ apart from new releases it also inspires me to buy older music, plus those I didn't know were in 5.1 :music

Wow has this DVD gone OOP already ?

If so that's a shame , great 5.1/live disc from Zeppos , Page/Plante .

Back