ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm here at work and I received a text message from Amazon saying Secret Treaties was DELIVERED! Oh hell yeah, can't wait to get home and check that out.

A new reissue of Bette Midler's Divine Miss M is due in October. The only bonus material is a second CD of single mixes and demos. No quad mix. Another missed opportunity. :(

Oh for fuck's sake... :mad:

I bet all that material could have fit on ONE CD..
and the 2nd disc in the package could then (and should have been!) a DVD with the Quad.

Well.. Thats it for that album then, the Better Midler Quad will be dead and buried now as far as AF's concerned.. you can't blame them.. I love that record but the audience for it must be pretty tiny at this point.

Oh for fuck's sake... :mad:

I bet all that material could have fit on ONE CD..
and the 2nd disc in the package could then (and should have been!) a DVD with the Quad.

Well.. Thats it for that album then, the Better Midler Quad will be dead and buried now as far as AF's concerned.. you can't blame them.. I love that record but the audience for it must be pretty tiny at this point.

Have you played the CD~4 version, yet, Adam and if so how does it sound? What a damn shame. And you're right......the second disc should have been a DVD~A or BD~A.

Actually, I haven't. It's one I still need to track down. (So many quads, so little time!)

Oh! :yikes Please do! It's a right old hoot! :D

"cos you gotta have... friends.."
(PS. PM me anytime, I love PMs! ;) )

..the best Quad things on it for me are Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (it's so surround-y, it's almost dizzying at times!!) The Hunter is fab and Going To The Chapel ditto.. but really the whole thing is the most fabulous surround sound.. what a balls up on Warner's part the Deluxe version is omitting the Quad, really... :(

I was daydreaming about some of the concerts I've attended. I often forget that I was at the very first Farm Aid concert. At that time in my life, I was in a very dark spiral of drinking and recreational drugs and literally had just met my future wife. I bought tickets to this event, only so I could see Sammy Hagar and a few other rockers. I had little regard for any of the other performers.

Unfortunately, since the concert started mid morning - I was absolutely bombed before we even got into the concert. I have absolutely ZERO memory of nearly any of the concert which is very, very unfortunate as I look back on the performers. UGH! What a dumbass I was.... Check out the list of performers....

EDIT - that list was not 100% complete. Eddie Van Halen and Sammy performed together in what would become the groundwork for them getting together. Also, the Winter brothers were there...

Farm Aid.jpg

Well, with Clint MIA ( :( ), we missed September 5th....the 70th birthday of Freddie Mercury! What a legend he was...oh and I think this is 25th year since he passed away. Wow!! I miss that guy.

Well, with Clint MIA ( :( ), we missed September 5th....the 70th birthday of Freddie Mercury! What a legend he was...oh and I think this is 25th year since he passed away. Wow!! I miss that guy.

Freddie was a true giant. We shall never see his like again.

The image below depicts his vocal range. For anyone who reads music, you can grasp just how insane this is.

550px-Freddie_Mercury_range_(F2-F6,_with_falsetto).svg.png

(Oh! And this is my 500th post. I'm in a new club!!!)

Fortunately, I have never been into drinking heavily (someone VERY close to me was an alcoholic and died from it), and although some "soft drugs" are cool , I can recall almost all of the concerts I've been to and remember a bit of them...

This one I will ALWAYS remember...

I would prefer to be around people on drugs than drink. People on shroomz, weed, LSD, MDMA do not tend to start fights.

I would prefer to be around people on drugs than drink. People on shroomz, weed, LSD, MDMA do not tend to start fights.

My only problem with drink is not being able to get enough

:beer2

I'm a drunk by the way.. alcoholics go to meetings, I go to parties

:party

I am being totally flippant and not serious (AT ALL) btw.. my partners an alcoholic, one of my oldest friends is an alcoholic too (he went thru rehab and fell off the wagon, his drinking is still a constant worry) another mate is a totally reformed character who found God and all that and hasn't touched a drop in years.. I've witnessed first hand and am living through it with my other half the destruction, darkness, negativity, depression and all the rest of it that abuse of alcohol can lead to.

Anyway, back to being silly!:D

You may have noticed (despite those two fabulous Queen 5.1 albums, two Queen video collections in Surround and Freddie's solo videos in 5.1) I seldom to the point of never say on here "Listening to Now in Surround.. The Game".. etc.. I still find it too painful listening to their music too much even now.. my nickname ain't Fred for nothing.. he was, he is, my hero.. my idol.. when I stop to wonder what Freddie might be doing musically (and just as a human being) if he were alive today even that can move me to the verge of tears. Genius v. overused but in my eyes he was. I still feel the loss.

Now stop all this serious stuff guys, I'm trying to be silly...!!! :D

Ministry_of_Silly_Walks.jpg

Bowie's final studio recordings to be released in October. From The Second Disc:

Thanks to Columbia and ISO Records, there will be a next day for David Bowie’s Lazarus. On October 20, the labels will release the original cast album of the off-Broadway musical, starring Michael C. Hall (Dexter, Cabaret) and Cristin Milioti (How I Met Your Mother, Once). The deluxe release, showcasing an array of Bowie reinterpretations, will feature a bonus disc with Bowie’s own recordings of the musical’s four new songs including the previously released “Lazarus” (from his final studio LP, Blackstar) as well as the never-before-released “No Plan,” “Killing a Little Time” and “When I Met You” – the late artist’s final studio recordings.

Full article here.

Back