FLEETWOOD MAC TUSK DELUXE EDITION WITH 5.1 SURROUND DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far no luck getting a replacement. I figure it's either a) because of the holiday, or b) because I mentioned I received it as a gift. Next week I'll ask the friend who gave it to me to email them.

Dr. Simple..........Snood attached my Amazon online order invoice to the email, not an actual paper reciept ....Maybe your bud can send you Paint attachment that you can send along. Should be easy to do........

We Jellyfishers gotta look out for each other :cool:

Look ya made me do it twice :rolleyes:

Ok for those with this problem - Snood contacted Rhino who put out the product.

I emailed them at [email protected] which is their customer service

Told them about what happened, mentioned a few more had the same prob at QQ and attached my online receipt order from Amazon UK

Thanks Snood! I just sent Dr. Rhino a note.

Everyone - Maybe I should start a new thread; maybe not. I want to talk about replacement discs for the vinyl side 3. I received an email from Dr. Rhino three weeks ago stating that they'll "send out a replacement as soon as possible", but have heard nothing since.

Does anyone have any activity or news to report?

Everyone - Maybe I should start a new thread; maybe not. I want to talk about replacement discs for the vinyl side 3. I received an email from Dr. Rhino three weeks ago stating that they'll "send out a replacement as soon as possible", but have heard nothing since.

I received the same note December 28th. Nothing since.

Holy crap! The next two months are going to be expensive! I'm incredibly psyched for this. While I do feel for the folks who would only want the 5.1 and don't want to shell out the big bucks to get it (I'm in that boat for the Velvet Underground Loaded box,) this one is a no-brainer for me. Tusk is my favorite Mac album. Plus, I have tons of bootlegs from the '79/'80 tour and they were on fire in these shows so I'm more than happy to get 2 CDs worth of live material.

The one surprising omission here is the lack of any video. There was a tour documentary that was one of the earliest music home video releases. It was only ever available on VHS (and perhaps Laserdisc/Beta?) Would have been nice to have that in the set.

View attachment 22501
Why are you having to pay for tusk 5.1 how would you like to pay O for it...and its llegal

Perhaps it's all in my head
Maybe, but it sure sounds great to me

Mastering sometimes does an album no favors, but sometimes can be undone
Especially if it's only gain and dynamics adjustments to be made...

I finally got round to listening to the 5.1 on Friday, it sounds good, but the drums sound noise-gated to me, I liked the mix, but the album didn't seem familiar, yet I know it well, so not sure why, but it was the first listen.

Snood got email tonight OMG OMG OMG

Dear Joe,

I have put your replacement vinyl in the mail today.

I am very sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Dr. Rhino :banana:

Oh the banana is mine..........just in case you thought Dr Rhino did it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Got my disc today - Sent the correct disc with the 2 sleeves - all is koo :banana:

Well, it took a long time and a lot of persistence, but I finally got my correct LP for the Tusk box. As Snood would say, all is koo!

Mine has shipped and should be here Friday O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! He chortled in his joy (...Oh and someone really needs to get on a surround version of Ambrosia's first album, this would be stunning!)

I thought I had already bought it, yet find no evidence to support that.
Which formats came out?
Supposedly there was a blu-ray. If so, amazon US doesn't even list it.

I know there was once a 17-disc Sooper Dooper Deluxe Blah Blah set with vinyl and autographed bubblegum which once had people complaining about its $100+ price, and which can now be had for the price of a small house.

I don't much care about the format -- anything 5.1 will do.
Is there anything that can be had for less than the cost of a hoverboard?

Thanks.

I thought I had already bought it, yet find no evidence to support that.
Which formats came out?
Supposedly there was a blu-ray. If so, amazon US doesn't even list it.

I know there was once a 17-disc Sooper Dooper Deluxe Blah Blah set with vinyl and autographed bubblegum which once had people complaining about its $100+ price, and which can now be had for the price of a small house.

I don't much care about the format -- anything 5.1 will do.
Is there anything that can be had for less than the cost of a hoverboard?

Thanks.

This box set contains the only release of the 5.1 surround mix of "Tusk":
https://www.amazon.com/Tusk-Deluxe-5CD-1DVD-2LP/dp/B0178JP1FY/

(And it's DVD-V, not DVD-A/V or Blu-Ray) :(

Back