Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone on this forum have the inside track with these guys? That would be amazing. Oh, and thanks to the OP who posted about this stuff.....oddly, he doesn't really post much if at all....so again, thanks. :)

Steelydave is the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I know. I was told those squeaked through early on before the 5.1 door slammed tightly shut.

hmm.. I thought Winelight & Homecoming came about thru Elliot Scheiner's E-Train Records?

anyway, maybe we should keep on track here?

after all, this is a DV thread.. and AF have their own dedicated area at QQ where we can chew over their stuff perhaps?

..above all, DV are dropping loads of Quad in our laps lately, AF have dropped something like half a dozen non-Quad bombshells on the trot now (i.e. albums with Quad mixes all in Stereo only).. if that comes across as controversial its not meant as such, its just a matter of fact.

gotta walk the dog, once more into the long johns dear friends! brrrr....!!! :smokin

Last edited:
hmm.. I though Winelight & Homecoming came about thru Elliot Scheiner's E-Train Records

E-Train was merely an imprint for Elliot's work, not a label unto itself. That derailed right after the ink dried on the deal.

Back on topic, I did make a QQ FB page post a couple of weeks ago about this latest batch of Dutton releases.

E-Train was merely an imprint for Elliot's work, not a label unto itself. That derailed right after the ink dried on the deal.

Back on topic, I did make a QQ FB page post a couple of weeks ago about this latest batch of Dutton releases.

thanks for the clarification. was sad when the E-Train derailed and AF didn't stop at Scheinerville anymore.. would've been cool to have had more of his things reissued, I'd definitely have rebought things like Toto IV with Scheiner's surround remixes plus better mastering/better Stereo if AF had been able to continue in that vein (and I doubt I'd be alone in that).. maybe DV could pick up the mantle and rerelease some OOP 5.1 mixes, although for now I'd be perfectly happy if they continue to release Quads in the kind of quality they've delivered to date.

A list of Concord Records released in 5.1 courtesy of HRAudio.net: https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=Concord+Records

Monster Music also released a few DTS 5.1 Concord/Fantasy releases as well......most notably a Charlie Brown Christmas (Vince Guaraldi). https://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Brown-Christmas-David-Benoit/dp/B000BPFBW6 and https://www.amazon.com/Vince-Guaral...+brown+Christmas+Monster+Music&tag=acleint-20

AFAIK, NO CTI has been released in QUAD on 5" physical discs.......a REAL shame, IMO.

Stax and Fantasy baby!!!!! Like real vintage quad I mean.

Stax and Fantasy baby!!!!! Like real vintage quad I mean.

Hot Buttered Soul was never remixed into QUAD only Haye's Enterprise releases 'Joy' and 'Live @ the Sahara Tahoe.' I don't know if any 'vintage' Stax/Fantasy releases were ever remixed for QUAD.

Hot Buttered Soul was never remixed into QUAD only Haye's Enterprise releases 'Joy' and 'Live @ the Sahara Tahoe.' I don't know if any 'vintage' Stax/Fantasy releases were ever remixed for QUAD.

And the Soundtrack for the movie Shaft by Isaac Hayes also had a Quad mix.

afaik..

Stax Quads:

Isaac Hayes: i.) Joy, ii.) Live At Tahoe, iii.) Shaft, iv.) Tough Guys, v.) Truck Turner,
Staple Singers: Be What You Are

Fantasy Quads:

Blackbyrds: Flying Start,
Creedeence Clearwater Revival: Gold,
Tyner McCoy: Song Of The New World,
Woody Herman: Children Of Lima

Creedence was my first love in music,I got Cosmos Factory on cassette when I was 12.Would love Gold on Quad SACD.:sun

afaik..

Stax Quads:

Isaac Hayes: i.) Joy, ii.) Live At Tahoe, iii.) Shaft, iv.) Tough Guys, v.) Truck Turner,

Fantasy Quads:

ALL worthy contenders, Adam. McCoy Tyner's Song Of The New World is among my favorites and of course Creedence GOLD would be a REAL coup. And anything by the Staple Singers would be a joy in QUAD. The question, of course, remains, what reissue company would tackle these unneglected QUAD releases? UMG?

afaik..

Stax Quads:

Fantasy Quads:

One more from Fantasy (Milestone):

Flora Purim: Stories to Tell

afaik..

Stax Quads:

Fantasy Quads:

Please don't forget Stanley Turrentine's Pieces of Dreams.

Or his other album "Don't mess with Mister T" which was mixed to quad, as I have a Q4 reel to DVD conversion. Great album!!!

Unlike "Pieces of Dreams", which was on Fantasy, "Don't Mess with Mister T" was released on CTI.

how about their other stuff, were there any particularly good CTI Quads? suitable candidates for Dutton Vocalion's Surround SACD programme among them?

All CTI quads are mixed very well, no stinkers!

All CTI quads are mixed very well, no stinkers!

Thanks! That's encouraging!
since last posting I discovered ( :eek: ) I do have a few CTI Quads already, Don Sebesky's Giant Box among them, which I don't play enough it's fun that one with a cool variety of sounds and styles on it, could be good for a future DV SACD! :D

Back