Stone Temple Pilots - Core 25th Anniversary Super Deluxe

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the old DVD-A surround mix is weird. The first couple songs sound like 5 channel stereo, then it starts getting more discreet with the song No Memory and a few songs after. Then back to 5 channel stereo for a few songs then somewhat discreet again. A strange mix. Hopefully the one on the new set is better, but probably will be the same surround mix as the DVD-A.

Disc Five: (DVD) Original Album 5.1 Mix, 24/96 Stereo Audio, And Music Videos

still doesn't help determine if it's a new mix or not

Clear as mud. You're probably right, but it's an obscure enough description that one of the comments on the page is asking for clarification.

If I recall CORE is on the Warner label and if the Fleetwood Mac remastered box sets are any indication, it will be DVD~V DTS 5.1.

Have NO idea why they just can't release the 5.1 on BD~A/V along with the 4 videos.

It certainly wouldn't break the bank.

I'm content with my far from perfect DVD~A. At least it's lossless!

If I recall CORE is on the Warner label and if the Fleetwood Mac remastered box sets are any indication, it will be DVD~V DTS 5.1.

Have NO idea why they just can't release the 5.1 on BD~A/V along with the 4 videos.

It certainly wouldn't break the bank.

I'm content with my far from perfect DVD~A. At least it's lossless!

Yeah man, same. IMO, they did what they could with the original DVD-A. The hard-rock tunes are pretty-much band up front, very little discrete in the rears. What more are you gonna do with drums/bass/guitar/vocal? The more open/experimental arrangements assign more to the rears. The DVD-A mix makes sense and works for me. It's not AWESOME though. Passable...

Last edited:
I'd love to have Purple in 5.1. Shangri-la Dee Da, the 5th album, was another one of the announced Warner Bros DVD-Audios that never saw the light of day.

Well, in full disclosure, the album itself was never announced. It was in a list with other upcoming DVD-Audio albums that never saw the light of day. The list said Stone Temple Pilots-New Album back in 2001.

Pre-ordered. I'm also hoping for a new 5.1 mix, but am not optimistic. The original DVD-A of 'Core' is one of the first I ever purchased (after Queen's 'Night At The Opera' DTS).

Agree with mdmost above, 'Purple' would be fantastic! A much more layered and spacious production that would benefit from a discrete mix.

Dang, I thought we'd hear from Foraging Rhino about the 5.1 mix......haven't seen him around lately. I went ahead and ordered from Amazon UK for $59.72 shipped. No harm as they don't charge me till shipment. So, in the meantime, I hope to hear if it's the exact same 5.1 mix from back in the day or something different. :)

Dang, I thought we'd hear from Foraging Rhino about the 5.1 mix......haven't seen him around lately. I went ahead and ordered from Amazon UK for $59.72 shipped. No harm as they don't charge me till shipment. So, in the meantime, I hope to hear if it's the exact same 5.1 mix from back in the day or something different. :)

OK, I asked Foraging Rhino about the multi-channel mix and he confirmed it is the original mix found on the DVD-Audio. So, if you don't like that one, I guess it's a pass. I don't have it myself, so still debating about my order... :mad:@:

OK, I asked Foraging Rhino about the multi-channel mix and he confirmed it is the original mix found on the DVD-Audio. So, if you don't like that one, I guess it's a pass. I don't have it myself, so still debating about my order... :mad:@:
Thanks for getting that information even though it is disappointing. I would encourage you to pick up this set as it is a bargain compared to other super deluxe editions from other artists.

Back cover scan:
R-10925441-1506687179-6864.jpeg.jpg

I don't feel any need to buy this.
It's DVD-V and there is a DVDA-V disc of the album out there, so if I ever wanted to buy this album, I would search for the DVDA-V, not this box set...

Back