Stone Temple Pilots - Core 25th Anniversary Super Deluxe

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the dvd-a had a DD 5.1 48khz layer (which I think it did) then this dvd is the exact (bit for bit) mix and they just rewrote the menu to accommodate the new videos.

I'm pretty sure this is why GOS's comparison between the dvd-a and the dvd was seemingly identical

Also, is the front cover "lenticular" like or at least "foil" like (as opposed to a matte finish), like it seems in some pictures?
Looking closer on package. The outside is very shiny, like metallic, not matte finish, very koo as Snood would say. 1 LP black, 4 RBCD's and the DVD Video has photo of the band on disc.
Nice booklet same size as the LP with good writing, lyrics etc.

As usual it’s a big crap shoot. I own the DVD-A and this new release.
The new release: Great LP sized set, beautiful metallic cover, nice large booklet liner notes an 4 CD’s with 1 DVD. Also 1 LP. The 4 CD’s are very well recorderd, sound fantastic in the car, the live and MTV recordings are clear as a bell and mixed evenly in stereo of course. It does get a little repetitive as all multi disc releases can be.
The DVD - has video releases and the original album in DD 5.1 at 24/ 48Khz I believe or is DD 16 bit?
The sound is great mainly because the music is so great and powerful. No lyrics, bummer.
Comparing the other:
The original DVD-A is PCM 24/96 which on paper should be better but my ears are not golden to this extent and in a blind test I don’t think I could tell the difference. I prefer the original because of the placebo of better sonics, lyrics, pictures, videos.
The anniversary was delivered to my door for 40 bucks and definitely worth it at that price, the 4 CD’s make it worthwhile.
If you have the first DVD and you are only into surround don’t purchase the anniversary.

Back