New Star Wars Soundtrack DVD in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axnyslie

NEW YORK, March 15 /PRNewswire/ -- On Tuesday, May 3, 2005, Sony Classical will release the original motion picture soundtrack of the last episode of the massively popular Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

It features a new score by five-time Oscar winner John Williams, who is also the composer and conductor of the score for each film in the six-chapter Star Wars saga, and an exclusive collector's DVD -- Star Wars: A Musical Journey -- an unprecedented bonus at no additional cost.

Created especially to accompany the CD release, the thrilling 70-minute DVD features 16 brand-new music videos set to selections from all six of John Williams' unforgettable Star Wars film scores and has been designed around a timeline that will take the viewer chronologically through the entire saga.
Each movement is introduced by actor Ian McDiarmid (who plays Senator Palpatine in the films) and features a spectacular montage of images, complete with excerpts of the original dialogue and sound effects, set to Williams' legendary music which has been newly remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound. Williams' principal theme from the new score, entitled "Battle of the Heroes," will be featured in a music video created by Lucasfilm.

The soundtrack packaging will also include liner notes from George Lucas plus an exclusive fold-out poster featuring a montage of images from the film.

Sounds cool, but 2 years ago, this would have been an SACD. :rolleyes: :(

Maybe one will surface later. Still, looks interesting! Thanks for posting that! :smokin

In my search for 2016 surround Easter Eggs I have come across this old thread and thought I would revive it in case some have missed it. These appear to go for cheap on Amazon. Any QQ'ers have experience with this one?

Not a very discrete mix... And the bits of dialogue mixed with the music are most annoying. (5.1 track is dolby only, Stereo is PCM)

Not a very discrete mix... And the bits of dialogue mixed with the music are most annoying. (5.1 track is dolby only, Stereo is PCM)

Thanks for the heads-up! :upthumb will spend my money more wisely then.. :D

I have seen BD with music by John Williams, inc. the SW theme and other movie music-try elusive disc

I don't know if you mean this one (click image for link),

but it also includes Schindler's List with Itzhak Perlman on violin (my all time favorite work by John Williams...). ooooooooooo ^_^

Thank you!

Back