Surround Surprises! Star Wars Ep.3 Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack 5.1 bonus DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongojr

I remember when Star Wars: Episode III was released on CD, I didn't have much interest in the stereo CD but it came with a DVD of Star Wars: The Musical Journey epic music video!!! Anamorphic, Dolby 5.1 surround at 48khz/448kbps with a specially edited video that's emphasis is the musical score running 1:01:43. The sound is very dynamic and in many cases a better mix than the films since it was made to pay homage. It is about 75% music and just very an amazing tribute to John Williams legacy and contribution which literally makes Star Wars what it is. Check it out.

2020-07-19 11.06.15.jpg

Are these complete musical cues or do these all contain narration with the music?

Are these complete musical cues or do these all contain narration with the music?
There’s definitely narration between the music, and unfortunately some sound effects and dialogue mixed with the music from time to time. The surround mix is not very impressive either. The visuals are cool, tho. It’s extracts from the 6 movies mixed and mismatched ! :SB

There’s definitely narration between the music, and unfortunately some sound effects and dialogue mixed with the music from time to time. The surround mix is not very impressive either. The visuals are cool, tho. It’s extracts from the 6 movies mixed and mismatched ! :SB

Merci François! I'll skip this one then.

What I really like about this is that the videos are edited Fantasia style so it matches the music instead of the films when John Williams creating a score to compliment the film. Essentially while you listen to the full compositions you get a whole new Star Wars experience.

If anyone is interested, Alibris is selling 5 used copies for $5.24 to $9.98 with shipping! It is on Ebay starting at $5.99 with shipping.

Back