Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Gilmour - Live at Pompeii again, Blu-ray 5.1 DTS-HD Master
Really warming to it this time, I hadn't got in to it on previous listens.

OIweqyx.jpg

The Band-The Last Waltz DVD-A......Bjork-Vespertine DVD-A.......the bjork disc is quite interesting.[i haven't listened to it in years]

I have several sampler discs...but I have never seen that one.....I'd love to hear that version of Wooden Ships...have you seen it anywhere for sale?

It's on the Crosby-Nash "Another Stoney Evening" DVD-A. I don't actually have the disc but the poll thread indicates it's a live ambient type of mix.

Just checked eBay and it's kind of in the pricey side. Not too crazy on amazon though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1515601989&sr=8-1

I have several sampler discs...but I have never seen that one.....I'd love to hear that version of Wooden Ships...have you seen it anywhere for sale?

No sorry Clint. I have never seen it available on line, but I don't do due diligence searching so....

I got this copy many years back when "Best Buy " was in their early years of promoting both SACD and DVDA . I bought two DVDA discs and the clerk offered this and a stereo SACD of Dylan free for buying the DVDA'S. Had to pick one and well....this is in surround. No brainer.
But I did get the SACD later in a couple years. It was sitting sealed in the cd section, it says not for sale, so yep got it free that day.

If you have The Crosby Nash DVDA concert disc this is it fwiw. It's generally a big airy ambient type of surround which I found surprising from DTS as up til then they never ever left out info on those surround channels regardless of Live Concerts.
But I don't mind it at all as their live is a bit better than most ambient presentations. Might be ambient +. :D

I recommend it to just hear what they did, and well of course it's very early Crosby, Nash .(y)

It's on the Crosby-Nash "Another Stoney Evening" DVD-A. I don't actually have the disc but the poll thread indicates it's a live ambient type of mix.

Just checked eBay and it's kind of in the pricey side. Not too crazy on amazon though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1515601989&sr=8-1

Yes I agree that disc is really quite overpriced from what I learned later on. Actually shocked at what that DVDA is going for.
Got my copy locally, years ago. I suppose I lucked out .

This is actually a concert disc from the early 70's (71?) Under a different album name I think.

Cowboy Junkies-Trinity Revisited DVD...I'm only on song 3 but I like what I hear...the opening vocal is superb...such clarity..another example of using a DVD and getting excellent sonic results...

Especially considering it's only Dolby Digital but then hey, FIOS and most cable channels are still utilizing DD 5.1 and no complaints here!:banana:

Couple of rock titles this afternoon...

Black Sabbath - S/T on SHM-SACD unfortunately stereo only as you all know.

Deep Purple - Machine Head on SACD in 5.1

Back