Sign the "Save SACD" Petition!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello soundboy - if I would have known the possibility for a SA-CD petition, I could take part sometimes earlier. A well idea - which is similar to mine some mails before. So I can now inform the known fans of quadraphonic and surround fans here in Germany and neighborhouded countries to take part also. That is the way - help your (us) self with activity.

Quadro,

The petition is still good. When you click to sign it, you will see the author's name and e-mail address. We can jumpstart the petition again.

At only 664 signatures, I hope it isn't sent to anybody with any input in the decision. Such a small number looks like abandoning the format is the right decision. The format came and went without even being noticed basically. I signed it.

Chris

I have of course also signed the petition and will inform also the here known fans of surround beeing in our Quadro-Action to do the same. Just I have started a new thread in the german Hifi-and Surround forum to tell the other fans to do the same. Important will be, that the firms will receive our petition. It will be the first time, that some managers will listen, what we Surround-fans want - and that surround-productions are further wanted from many consumers. And of course there are many more fans outside the forums or computer and e-mail possibility.

I signed saying i would buy more rock and classic rock multichannel SACD's.

Each will have a special taste is of course a fact. But important is to make a generell call for more SA-CD's. When there are more, then will be also SA-CD's with music program in surround for different interesses.

soundboy said:
727 signatures as of today. More than 50 new signatures this week!!

With 5K members over at SHF, and almost 2K here, we need a lot more signatures to make this a significant effort.

An update....

As of this post, the petition has picked up over 100 new signatures since this past Tuesday.

762 signatures as of Friday afternoon 05/05/2006

Since the petition has been online for over a year, I have revived various "Save SACD petition" threads at hometheaterforum.com, avsforum.com, audiocircle.com, sa-cd.net, Polk Audio forum, stevehoffman.tv and audioasylum.com. In addition, new "Save SACD petition" threads have been started at audiokarma.org, head-fi.org, stereophile.com forum, the Singaporean audiophile website echoloft.com and Hong Kong-based audiophile website review33.com

Last edited:
Good job! Let's get the word out. Everyone here should sign the thing for good measure.

I have just signed it, but maybe a new thread is in order. Though I've seen activity on this thread I wasn't paying much attention as it's titled Sound & Vision. Maybe something like "What you can do to help save SACD" etc. Just a thought... Hope somebody listens at the corporate level.

I moved these posts to their own thread and "Stickied" it!

Based on the outcome of a similiar thread I feel it is necessary to mention that this is NOT an invitation to badmouth SACD. Please keep any comments positive and/or constructive.

914 now. Would be nice to think I bought that Pioneer 563a for something besides playing movies...

Back