2007 Shocker Log Archive - CLOSED

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: $93.50 for Richard Thompson's "Rumor and Sigh" DVD-A... five different bidders over $50!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220128439561

There hasn't been one one of these up for auction in quite a while, but still...

Mark Z

I was the winner here. Some idiot with a zero rating kept bidding against himself, driving the price up. I've been looking for this one for over a year and had three different websites take my order for one, only to cancel it. I just got tired of looking. It's probably the only title released on DVD-A that I'd pay this kind of money for, I love this album! I was hoping to get it for around half of what it wound up costing, but I don't regret it. :banana:

I was the winner here. Some idiot with a zero rating kept bidding against himself, driving the price up. I've been looking for this one for over a year and had three different websites take my order for one, only to cancel it. I just got tired of looking. It's probably the only title released on DVD-A that I'd pay this kind of money for, I love this album! I was hoping to get it for around half of what it wound up costing, but I don't regret it. :banana:

Congrats! Nothing wrong with "going for it". Now you don't have to worry about searching for it. In the overall scheme of things, it will cost more and more over time. So, enjoy it!

SHOCKER UPDATED: 7/18/2007

Some interesting and strange entries. Look for the "NEW!!" listings.

Can't believe that Jerry Reed Q8 went for over $100. Heck, I paid $32 for the Q4 a year ago. I'd gladly trade the Q4 for the Q8!

I do appologise for being such a 'muppet' on the bidding front but hey its what I was prepared to pay and with a minute to go I still had it untill I was out bid.
Such is life.
i did end up with a copy as a second one came up two days later which I won at the much lower price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320136565650

The zero rating come from having to set up a new account because some one got my account details and started bidding using my old account so I had E-bay suspend that account and set up a new one.

I had been waiting 6 months to find a copy on e-bay and two come up with i a week of each other and I am not dissappointed its a great disc. shame that theer are so few arround. Now sitting on my shelf next to 'old kit bag'.

$162.50 for the Q4 for the New Seekers. 6 months ago I could not give mine away.

September 1 Update: What's the story with the two Ronnie Milsap Q8's? They both went for over $100, making the Shocker Log. I was not aware these were that rare.

November 4 update - a few surprises! (Jackson Browne Q8, Doors US CD-4 LP)

Wow, that title is through the roof lately! I'd throw my copy out there, but all the big spenders will have their copies by now.

The HiRez titles are starting to seep into the "Shocker Log".

This one is amazing, in that the label should have made more. How stupid are they. Sell the damn thing for $24.95 list and keep it on the market. It's great. It's worth it. Is it worth $108?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190170267680

That's nothing Jon.
In Amazon right now, the Carly Simon title is going for well over £200.
£249.48 to be precise.
See http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1194858658&sr=1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back