A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thingtoo

Hello Quadio fans!

Common Wave Hi-Fi and Rhino Records are proud to present an evening exploring the immersive world of Quadraphonic recordings.

The event will present the playback of four iconic titles that have been unavailable in quad audio for nearly 50 years: Alice Cooper’s Billion Dollar Babies, Black Sabbath’s Paranoid, The J. Geils Band’s Nightmares…and Other Tales from the Vinyl Jungle, and Jefferson Starship’s Red Octopus. These legendary albums have all been digitized from the original analog four-track Quad mixes.

Rhino's A&R Department, myself (Patrick Milligan), Jason Jones, & Steve Woolard aka ’The Quadfather' along with Craigman Digital's Craig Anderson will be on-site discussing the releases and recording processes of these historic records. You might even get a sneak peak at the next four Quadio releases... ; )

Thursday, September 21st, 7-9pm
Common Wave Hi-Fi
1451 E. 4th Street, Suite 106
Los Angeles, CA 90033
[email protected]
*The event is 21+ with complimentary refreshments.

Please use this link to purchase a ticket - we expect this one-of-a-kind event to hit capacity very quickly.

Hope to see you there!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/common...quadio-tickets-720667153857?aff=oddtdtcreator

Ah, bugger, I'll have to wait a couple years...🤪

Anyone wanna sneak me in?
https://www.amazon.com/glasses-mustache-disguise/s?k=glasses+and+mustache+disguise
Just get a set of these, no one will be the wiser!

716INbRNI7L._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if we will get to actually meet these gentlemen?

Jason “Rhino” Jones is the A&R rep who’s been involved with the Replacements reissues which are loaded with wonderful outs, alts, live, and demos. He’s a big Mats fan like myself.

Craig Anderson would be great to meet and chat for a few minutes, maybe drop in a suggestion or two.

Our own Steve Woolard, subtly pester him over what should be coming (in Quad) next, or what is maybe not coming out at all.

Should be lots 'o fun!

And like yeah, Welcome Patrick, so nice to have yet another fan and industry "insider" on board.

Last edited:
Yeah just don’t ask about those 5 acts with (so far) elusive quad mixed albums. They are doing what they can and don’t want to be bugged about it. Lol

Back