4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'll take the chance. It (Chicago Quadio box at Fnac) was "only" $235 at today's rates shipped to me in Maryland (East Coast so it'll probably come into either NYC which is relatively close) it hurts but it's worth a shot.

Odd thing is they wouldn't take my Capital One card (tried that as it has no foreign transaction fee) had to use Paypal. Which is fine as my Paypal is linked to a different card with no foreign transaction fee... (this is a thing you have to watch out for as I found out when I ordered a vintage wristwatch from Canada...)

Well shoot. Unsurprisingly but disappointingly I had a look at my credit card online and there's a pending credit from Fnac Direct :/

I did clean some LPs on Friday as I hit some record stores and came home with a copy of the new Screaming Trees LP which was my purpose; that's only 2-channel however. I did find in the "to be cleaned" pile a copy of Chicago IX, but that's also 2-channel...

I received three of the four most recent Quados today. They must be withholding the Spinners waiting for the corrected disc. Shipping was fast like last time only two weeks!

As others have stated I was charged the HST, plus Canada Post's $10 service charge. The clerk agreed with me that I shouldn't have been charged but her hands were tied by customs. I almost immediately filled out the back of the form and together with a copy of my invoice mailed to back to "Canada Border Services Agency" or CBSA for short, demanding a full refund. What was wrong with "CBSA" simply being called Canada Customs!

I notice that there was no invoice nor even a packing slip packed with the shipment. That omission must be the source of the problem. I urge everyone charged by customs to request a full refund!

Last edited:
Well contacted Rhino about the double tax charges and they responded this morning asking for a copy of the Customs receipt and they will refund the additional charges. Nice quick response.

Yeah, Customs dinged me an additional $24 because they items were claimed as electronic devices. Somebody at Rhino clearly needs to be reeducated on how to fill out a Customs form. My first batch got delivered straight to my house, no fuss. Second batch were claimed wrong and those are the ones I got charged for. They also took a ridiculous amount of time to receive - over 6 weeks as I recall.

Hooray! Received the bundle today (Sunday), but charged sales tax twice same as the others in Canada. They weren't kidding when they said it might take 8 weeks - less than a week short. Everything looks intact.

Finally today my Quadio were delivered... now to wait again for the Spinners corrected disc.

Side note to the fans of "only even, no odd" packaging: three D-V sacd arrived with perfect cases. Two Quadio arrived with both cases broken. :)

Whew! On 16 October, i received notification from Rhino that my 4 Quadios had shipped. They never showed up. Rhino told me to wait 8 weeks. On 11 December, i wrote Rhino, requesting that they ship me replacements. Today, these arrived. I'm expecting the Spinners replacement soon. The package that was putatively shipped on 16 October has yet to arrive!
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 11.58.48 AM.png

Whew! On 16 October, i received notification from Rhino that my 4 Quadios had shipped. They never showed up. Rhino told me to wait 8 weeks. On 11 December, i wrote Rhino, requesting that they ship me replacements. Today, these arrived. I'm expecting the Spinners replacement soon. The package that was putatively shipped on 16 October has yet to arrive!
View attachment 99567
Mingus moves…slowwwwwllllly!

Knock on wood...all my Quadio's have always arrived in a timely fashion.
Amazon....not so much, despite the USPS having a contract with Amazon.
I can't figure this stuff out...tracking says arrived at my regional hub, then ships to another regional hub, then back, then lingers, then finally makes it to the local post office. If Informed Delivery says it will be delivered by 2:45 then you can just find something else to do as that's usually total BS. I especially like when the USPS says "delivery by 9:00 PM". In other words if it's small enough to cram into the mailbox what's a few hours? Like I'm going 100 yards to my mailbox at 2100 Hrs.

I can't figure this stuff out...tracking says arrived at my regional hub, then ships to another regional hub, then back, then lingers, then finally makes it to the local post office.
I was just cursing USPS for a similar situation (only a little bit down the road to hundreds of miles away then back to down the road and finally to me) until a retired postal worker friend pointed out that the tracking history made it clear that it was *Amazon* who did the screwy stuff before handing it over to USPS.

Even more annoying, while the USPS tracking site shows the pointless detour, the tracking at Amazon just quietly omits it. Either USPS is making stuff up or Amazon is attempting to cover up their error.

Just as a data point, today's Informed Delivery email tells me I have a package coming from Gnarlywood which I can only assume is a replacement Spinners disc, as I haven't ordered the current batch yet (they aren't available until tomorrow, I believe, correct? Yeah, I'm a nerd, I have it in my google calendar...)

Also, in the meantime I've managed to pick up both the Chicago and Doobies boxes and have been enjoying them very much, as well as the non-Quadio but quad Ten Years After disc.

Well, I'll take the chance. It was "only" $235 at today's rates shipped to me in Maryland (East Coast so it'll probably come into either NYC which is relatively close) it hurts but it's worth a shot.

Odd thing is they wouldn't take my Capital One card (tried that as it has no foreign transaction fee) had to use Paypal. Which is fine as my Paypal is linked to a different card with no foreign transaction fee... (this is a thing you have to watch out for as I found out when I ordered a vintage wristwatch from Canada...)
Just interested to know if you guys received your Chicago boxes from FNAC yet? I also placed an order on the 1st December (thanks for the heads up) but my shipping estimate was mid-February. Not sure if yours is the same or earlier (?). Thanks!

For other folks based in the UK who may be waiting, I received my replacement Spinners disc today, complete with jewel case and cover.

Edit: and the latest bundle just arrived too (I ordered 19/01). I have my first cracked jewel case; War, shipped individually and the outer box had taken a hefty bash on one side. I've been lucky up until now. It's the first time one of my bundles has been shipped in separate boxes (2 x 1 and 1 x 2 rather than in one box).

Last edited:
For other folks based in the UK who may be waiting, I received my replacement Spinners disc today, complete with jewel case and cover.

Edit: and the latest bundle just arrived too (I ordered 19/01). I have my first cracked jewel case; War, shipped individually and the outer box had taken a hefty bash on one side. I've been lucky up until now. It's the first time one of my bundles has been shipped in separate boxes (2 x 1 and 1 x 2 rather than in one box).
Did you get lumbered with VAT and fee collection charge?

My replacement Spinners disc has just arrived as well it was posted on 19 Jan, no VAT as marked as $1 value.

Now waiting on the first 3 of the bundle to arrive, nothing on shipping War yet.

Back